New guy, new buy

Ifixem

Hi guys, I've just picked up a 50K mile 90 TGP that needs a couple odds and ends and hoping to find some help on here. Beyond a general tune up (yes, ORIGINAL) 1990 plugs, wires, and fuel filter still in place... here's what I"m looking for.

1) I need a scanmaster and don't see any that are listed specifically for a TGP... will one from an 87 Grand National application work since they are both obdI and turbo? I've got some experience with the GN's as I have one and have learned a lot during the mod trial and error party that was a good part of last year.

2) I would like to find a reputable/proven chip/fuel pump/injector combo that works well and am having trouble finding someone who has a "recipe" for this car without a bunch of trial and error. (scanmaster to watch KR readings to be done first just to keep an eye on things.... Does "Jeff M" any longer exist? I see his old posts but don't know how to find him.

3) My car came originally with a CD player and I'd like to swap it with a Cassette deck that was original to a TGP. Mine is immaculate but has Def Leppard Hysteria stuck in it now. (appropriate I know, but I'd like to throw my cassette adapter and ipod in there) Anyone who would be willing to sell/trade their factory cassette would be great. Def Leppard CD is free ;)

4) Who/where can I send my cluster to have it repaired/calibrated... speedo reads too fast but the HUD reads right on.

Thanks for any and all help, I'm sure I'll have more questions as I learn more. -Bryan

post-7105-143689090988_thumb.jpg

post-7105-143689090974_thumb.jpg

i can calibrate the speedo... along with any other issues the cluster might have (check gauges/low fuel always being on).

not sure about scanmaster, but i tunerpro RT for just about everything.

I think this car has been on the board before...

Anyways welcome! Looks like you have a really clean ride.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

It may have been on here... I got it out of Virginia, it was a one owner car, traded it into a dealer for something new, that dealer had a local auction and sold it dirt cheap to another dealer b/c they didn't know what it was. The second dealer put it online and made a couple on me. I'd have loved to know what the first dealer paid.... It's all good, we all gotta eat!

I found an excellent "reputable/proven chip/fuel pump/injector combo" that I run on 36 lb white bosch III injectors. for your own copy of the base tune I use contact user:turbo v-sick on here.

I use tunerpro 5 to do it and its awesome. just need to tune it for better gas mileage, but the motor has a big cam and turbo.

if you are just looking for a Jeff M chip, those will make your car fast as hell. mine would do 0-60 in 6.6 seconds. stock except for K/N and the chip.

Wow beautiful car. I wish mine looked like that. Does underneath look as good as up top?

Thanks for the note, yes, the underside is borderline "not believable" nice. Still trying to figure out if the rear spoiler is coming off or not...

One other question for anyone listening... Any ideas what keyless remotes will work with these cars? I have an original pontiac unit that came with the car but it needs programmed and has about 1 more day of life left in the little plastic tab that holds it to the key chain. I'm probably asking for a lot but if someone has one they'd be willing to sell i figure this is the place to find it. Thanks again! -Bryan

I'd be all up on that cassette deck for cd deck trade. PM me if interested.

You just want the Def Leppard CD.

And I have a couple of those fobs but I don't know where they are.

Gorgeous TGP, welcome to the board!!

Its super easy to program the remotes, however the receiver in the rear package tray is probably dead, I've had about a 50% success rate in re-soldering the joints on the IC's in it.

GORGEOUS TGP!!!! Welcome!!

I'd be all up on that cassette deck for cd deck trade. PM me if interested.

Welcome to the forum! Freakin beautiful TGP!

I hate you.

Very fine example of a TGP right there. Welcome to the board!:thumbsup: If you don't mind, please post your VIN number for me. Send me a private message if for any reason you don't want to post it publicly. I keep a simple little database/registry for these cars that you can find a link to in my signature below this post. I don't have my full list online yet, but there's 400 or so cars on there so far.

Very fine example of a TGP right there. Welcome to the board!:thumbsup: If you don't mind, please post your VIN number for me. Send me a private message if for any reason you don't want to post it publicly. I keep a simple little database/registry for these cars that you can find a link to in my signature below this post. I don't have my full list online yet, but there's 400 or so cars on there so far.

nice work on that list, didn't realize that they didn't come with black interior, cool!