Will gen II wheels fit gen I wbodys?

Toastytoad

I would think so, there all the same bolt pattern as far as I know.

There's more to wheel fitment than bolt pattern.

I'm in the same boat--I'd like to buy a set of (local and inexpensive) wheels/tires for my first-gen Lumina; and I don't really care about the styling as long as the tire size is the same. My list of possibilities goes way up if the later wheels will work properly on the earlier cars.

It can be done, but it takes some work to look right

DSC05323.jpg

What I mean is, you will need to install longer studs on the front wheel bearings and also install a 3/4 inch spacer to be able to clear the caliper... If you want the wheels to be flush with the body of the car, a bolt on spacer may be needed for the rear

• 3 weeks later...
Ok new question, will the 1.5 gen fit the 1st gen

IE are the backspacing/offset the same?

yes. gen 1 and gen 1.5 CAN share the exact same braking hardware, so backspacing and clearance remains the same.

I run Bonneville laces on my GP in the winter, and up front I used a 1" bolt-on spacer. Fills the fender decently and rubs less than my TGP laces. Of course, screwing with the track width means it's kinda darty now, but after a couple days I grew accustomed to it. I didn't bother with the rear because they'll only be on for the winter.