1st Gen /1.5 gen Front Brake Upgrade?

z34Phoenix

For some reason i remember years ago that places like tire race sold a big brake upgrade kit for these. i have searched but from what i read there is nothing out there and that its best to get a good solid rotor and the best pads.

heck i even did a write up years ago about what i felt about the 3 diff types of drilled and slotted rotors i have tried.

i guess i was wondering if someone had spent time at a you-pull-it yard and played part swap/ junkyard wars until they had something that fit. maybe if i get a day off that i can blow i'll try this. maybe even looking in the dodge or ford section!

I believe dohc_v6 makes a kit now and you can do something as I recall, but it takes making your own brackets pretty much. Other than that, as you said, do the best rotors/pads and bleed your lines and put in stainless ones.

I believe dohc_v6 makes a kit now and you can do something as I recall, but it takes making your own brackets pretty much. Other than that, as you said, do the best rotors/pads and bleed your lines and put in stainless ones.

Last I heard, his customer support was so absolutely horrendous that it was advised that nobody attempt to purchase anything from him. I'll leave it to the admins to confirm if this is true.

Most braking issues in these cars is a result of the pads being used and the brake booster being worn or broken.

Last I heard, his customer support was so absolutely horrendous that it was advised that nobody attempt to purchase anything from him. I'll leave it to the admins to confirm if this is true.

Most braking issues in these cars is a result of the pads being used and the brake booster being worn or broken.

I couldn't say. I found the link to what he was selling, though: http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/38204-The-official-MMI-Big-Brake-13-quot-Group-Buy! I believe there's another thread about how it did it floating around here somewhere. It involved cutting the mounting tabs for the bracket and welding in new ones and maybe some other stuff as I recall now.

I'm with Paul: performance pads, performance rotors, and stainless steel brake hoses. Your car already has the better dual piston front calipers. I did this to the rear of my car when I upgraded the suspension some, and I haven't yet done the front. It has made a difference as I now lock up the rear tires before the fronts more than I was before. I installed EBC redstuff pads, Crysostop slotted rotors, and Goodridge SS brake lines. That should make a big difference up front. Our cars aren't that heavy. I don't think a huge 13" brake kit like Mark sells is necessary.