'

Invasion1

I just installed a DIC in my car, and from what I can tell it works. I am cleaning the interior of my car tho, so I do not have any carpet or seats in it to check how accurate anything is, but when I face the Computer different ways the compass moves. Right now it tells me to chane my oil, rotate my tires, do a tune-up... I got to reset it. Anyway what year is your from? I can get some pictures of where my wires are spliced in to so you have an idea where to connect it if it's like mine. I plan on taking the pictures anyway and posting them, and sending letting Gearhead use them on his site if he's interested.

As far as other advise- Your going to have to pull the passenger seat if you want the wires run like they are origionally. They run under the passenger side carpet, in the black wire things. If your carpet is real stiff, like mine was, you will need to pull the driver seat and the bottom of the back seat as well. I decided to just pull the top of the back seat too and brought my carpet and seats in the house and clean them. I used a rug scrubber on the carpet and Just threw the material from the seats in my washer. The material for the seats is held on by little circular rings which are a PITA to remove without bending them badly. I just bent the hell out of them and used zip ties to replace them. The headrests come off by pulling really hard on them. If you have rear buckets those headrests have screws to remove. You also need to take the bolts out of the front seats that hold the top to the bottom. On the upper half there is a plastic clip on the bottom. That will come off with a small screwdriver and gental pulling. The headrest material also uses the same kind of clip. On the front bottoms there are 2 metal pole like things that run on each side of the material on the sides of the seats. They are held on with a plastic clip. Those need to come out, and the clips will easily break, so be careful with it or don't be careful and use a screw and nut to put them back together like I did. On the front and back of the lower front seats there are plastic clamps like things the hold the material to the metal. They pull off with a small screw driver and some gental tugging. After all of this is done the seat material will pull off like a real tight seat cover. Depending on how your seats are made there is either velcro strips or metal rings on the cusion tops to hold the center area tight on the seat. Then you can put them in the washer, although I don't know about drying them. I let mine hang and air dry. I didn't want to take the chance that the material would shrink. The lower back of my bottom front seats was also ripping (that material that looks like the back dash) so I replaced it using some trunk carpet from a junk yard car. While the seats are apart I sanded the rust from my seat frames and braket that holds it to the car floor, and then painted it so the rust will (hopefully) stop. I also checked for signs of rust on the floor of my car, and although it did not have any I sprayed the bottom with tefelon paint just for better protection.

That is why my interior is not in my car right now, but when it is back in my car will look pretty close to new (inside anyway). Let me know if you want me to post the DIC wiring pictures.

im a senior in high school, and have the fastest car in the school 8)

And you need a much faster one to compensate for the fact that you have the smallest penis in history.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i saw Shawn's DIC................hahaha sorry shawn :lol:

the post he had with the picture... of his setup

is that where the DIC originally goes and the HUD controls????

in the little storage area under the climate controls?

Yep, that's where they go.

I only installed HUD in 2 Cutty's.