crazy problem

brian89gp

This just happened today, get in my car after work and trigger that damn passkey. No big deal, wait 30sec and try again. Drive home and then drive to school.

After classes i go out and start the car, put it in reverse and it dies. I try starting it but i get nothing, wait 30sec and try again. It fires up, i manage to back up and then it stalls when i put it into drive, try to start it and nothing again. Wait 30sec and start it. I let it idle in park and neutral and all is good. Double pedaling it i put it in gear and start going, i make a left turn at 10mph and the thing stalls again right after that and yet again i get nothing when i turn the key. So i wait 30sec and start it and let it idle for 2-3 minutes and all seems to be well and i make it back home without further incidents.

This was all on a warm engine, i really have no clue why it would do this all of a sudden. The Passkey couldn't be doing it right? It only disables the starter? Why would it not engage the starter after stalling? The only thing i noticed was that the trans was extrememly low on fluid and has turned brown after a change 4k miles ago.

Is it the key with the chip? If so that could be the problem. The wires on the ignition get brittle and break from repeated use of the ignition. I had the same problem and just disabled the passkey.