Trailing arm snapped in half.

chadz34

Good thing you caught it.

It's a fairly simple repair. If you can't get the bolt out of the body mount, your best bet is an air hammer or a cut-off wheel.

I am pretty sure like, Advance or AZ have a decent replacement set for less than a hundred bucks. Someone here was talking about them not too long ago.

Rockauto, look up like a 2000 Impala for the trailing arm, get the Dorman unit which is a boxed trailing arm. I think they are $12 each:thumbsup:

Im too lazy to look up teh part number though:lol:

Wasn't even in bad shape....makes me wonder....

Yeah dude, the OEM ones are stamped out of that appears to be three layers of tin foil. You can damn near bend them over your knee.

Good thing you caught it.

It's a fairly simple repair. If you can't get the bolt out of the body mount, your best bet is an air hammer or a cut-off wheel.

I am pretty sure like, Advance or AZ have a decent replacement set for less than a hundred bucks. Someone here was talking about them not too long ago.

That was me, a simple job turned into a nightmare. Bolt was seized into the sleeve, an air hammer would have been real nice. Cut-off wheel worked nicely though.

That was me, a simple job turned into a nightmare. Bolt was seized into the sleeve, an air hammer would have been real nice. Cut-off wheel worked nicely though.

Same here. Cut-off wheel and a $20 angle grinder. :thumbsup: Good luck!