Got my car back!

Aaron

So we got it. problem after problem. we got it from al serra chevy, who fixed geddes's fuck ups. geddes has to pay 1395$ for asll they fucked up. my bill for geddes was 2600, so they lost more than half the money. the guy who paid was pissed. the owner is out of town, and the guy didnt want to pay till the owner got back. so somewhere my dad slipped the words "legal action," and all the sudden the dealer was happy and we got our keys. now for the problems.

Power Steering. it is humming all the time, not just when i turn. the pressure line is cross threaded, always has been, so it isnt tight therefore it is pulling in air.

next is a coolant return line from the lower intake/throttle body area out through a 3/4in line or so. it is leaking, kinda behind where the actual radiator line runs to the lower intake. cheap fix, the new nipple is only like 20$. yes, thast cheap for this thing.

exhaust leak. sound sliek the cams are ticking, it only does it when on the throttle under a load, like in gear moving. guy said exhaust leak, but we dont know where.

the car also has new found power. the low end is there, quite nice. i shifted at 2500 today and it was smooth. im glad for this, but afraid my high end might not be there. oh well. we'll see. i have 20/500 miles completed, and i am DYING to floor it. but i wont.

tell me what you think

Put that beast on a dyno. Get some of them miles shaved off quickly. I guess if you watned you could have taken your motor to a dyno and had that on there for like 11hrs or more and it would have been broken in nicely. I had a friend do that to his mopar 318 he dropped in a 92 dakota. Rebuilt the thing and put the motor on a dyno a couple times close to 20hrs and dropped her in the truck and away he went.

I told you that about Geddis...(AUG 28th to be exact - check old post) You could have saved yourself a lot of time & $$$...... :?

you did. i said your a dembass, they have an awesome reputation, and have built us 3 engines so far. and now im the dumbass. but i would have saved myself 2 weeks, but no money. 2600 aint bad in my books. and they gave me one helluva warrenty for cheap, so i am happy. it comes down to it, they can built a chevy 350 in 1 day and have it make 600+hp, but you give them a 3.4 DOHC(an unfamiliar motor to them), and they take 2 weeks and dont even do it right. oh well, ill live.

she has an ass load of low end. at half throttle it just gos. im shocked, it has more than twice the low end than before the rebuild. wow. i dunno abouyt high end yet, it only has 86.2 miles, 500 is when i change oil to synthetic and then drive normal, so 4000rpm instead of 3. but the car has so much low end that 3k and i can keep up with traffic well.

Aaron,

Geddes, an awesome reputation with who?? FYI ANYONE can build an SBC, anyone!

O.K. lets review - "So we got it. problem after problem. we got it from al serra chevy, who fixed geddes's fuck ups. geddes has to pay 1395$ for asll they fucked up. my bill for geddes was 2600" and I'm the one who is a dembass?

This was just advise based on a lot of research by me, on the best bang for the buck for engine building in the Springs. Now you want to call people names....grow up and take advise like a man without thinking I am trying to undermine you.

Damn - are you this hard headed at your job??

you totally took that the wrong way man. i called you a dumbass initially, becuz ive heard a lot of good things about them. but now, i realize you were right all along.

read it again slowly.

you did. i said your a dembass, they have an awesome reputation, and have built us 3 engines so far. and now im the dumbass.

you did tell me they sucked. i didnt believe you, called you a dumbass, and that they have an awesome rep. but now i realize im the dumbass.

sorry you took that the wrong way, didnt mean to piss you off.

if your still up for it now that my car is runing want to meet up sometime?