W-body ages

GRANDFURY

42 last week. Man it's nice to see I'm not alone in the 40 range.

1st car. 69 Dodge Coronet. From my Uncle. 318 2 brl. Light Brown with dark brown vinyl roof. Said Deluxe 440 on the side.

Navy car was a 76 Plymouth Swinger 2dr with mags and 318 2brl. Like a Dodge Dart.

1st GM was a 78 Z28.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeeJay3800

• AWeb80

• MaroonRegal

• Bolt_Crank

Pink Floyd forever!

Pink Floyd is awesome! I'm 21, so I wonder if I'm the only one (besides canbadass) under 40 who likes Floyd.

Does anyone here own a turntable? I like to listen to the original stuff. :wink:

You bet I have a turntable. A good quality record and player beats the hell out of CDs any day. I have a United Audio Dual 1218. For some odd reason though, I don't think too many people on this board hardly know what a turntable is, much less own one.

Pink Floyd forever!

Pink Floyd is awesome! I'm 21, so I wonder if I'm the only one (besides canbadass) under 40 who likes Floyd.

Does anyone here own a turntable? I like to listen to the original stuff. :wink:

You bet I have a turntable. A good quality record and player beats the hell out of CDs any day. I have a United Audio Dual 1218. For some odd reason though, I don't think too many people on this board hardly know what a turntable is, much less own one.

good ol' vinyl 8)

Pink Floyd forever!

I love Pink Floyd. I have the Ehoes CD, it is tight!

Teachers don't like the song Another Brick in the Wall, I Love it. :rocking:

pink.floyd.jpg

This Pic is cool too.

floyd.jpg

Wow, I'm glad to see that so many of you younger motorheads like the Floyd. Actually I have an old Garrard (I think that's spelled right) turntable. It still works well after all the parties it has seen over the years. But, I think that CD Digital sound is the best. If you listen on Dark Side of the Moon, with a CD you can hear even the tiniest bell after all the bells go off on Side One. It's hard to hear it on an LP (record).

Im 17...my Z wasnt my first car though...had a bad ass S-15..it would fly...Traded it for the lumi.. :-( ...It was 4,300...trading my truck had me only paying 2,100 for it with 98,000 miles...

But, I think that CD Digital sound is the best. If you listen on Dark Side of the Moon, with a CD you can hear even the tiniest bell after all the bells go off on Side One. It's hard to hear it on an LP (record).

That may be because the record is in bad shape, the stylus is worn/old, or several other various factors. LP's actually sound better becuase they are truly analog without the sound quality loss that comes from the analog/digital conversion of CDs. Now, I love the convenience and practicality of CDs, but any true audio-phile will tell you that for the ultimate in pure sound quality, nothing beats LPs.

Damn, you know alot of shit....for your age.....he he

It's kinda nice having someone on the board like that.

Hey, I do what I can and for what I've worked on.

Thanks for the compliment! Most appriciated aweb80! :D

- Erik

Pink Floyd forever!

I'm 20 and like alot of Classic rock bands like Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Allman Bros, Skynard, Aerosmith......... But for the most part I think Floyd is boring :boring:

Pink Floyd forever!

Like i said, im 19. and pink floyd rules.

My mom got me hooked on classic rock :roll:

Cant blame her though, gotta love those oldies 8)

John

hmm, no one else is 24...cause I rule:) Pink floyd is necessary:) I got a live 2 cd set a few months ago, animals and wish you were here...20 bucks used. I feel like I stole it, its bad ass:)

I have a lot of snuff on vinyl but thats about it.

Well, at least I'm not the oldest. I was getting worried there for a sec. :shock: I honestly thought we were an older forum than we are. I'm 36, so I am an old man here.

My first car was a 1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais. This was when I they were still full size. I still have it. :D It brings back so many memories for me to drive it. Ah being young!

I do have a turntable, and I still listen to records from time to time.(My Journey is on records.) I grew up when cassette tapes were kind of like CD's are now. We had CD's, when I was young, but people mostly bought cassettes.

CD's were like 25 Dollars. (Like I said, I'm old.)

Great to see that we have so many young people who know so much about our hobby.

My W Bodys'

1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL Coupe

1990 Lumina Euro 3.1 Coupe

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix SE

I'm 30, a very young 30. you are only as old as you feel. I'm amazed at all the young people here, it's great.

My first car was a 1974 Dodge Dart, I love it it's still in mydriveway with only 86,000 original miles after almost 30 years.

Since then I've had

2 Thunderbirds '83 and '85

1969 GTO too bad it was a rust bucket

1984 cavalier wagon

1986 S-10

1993 plymouth acclaim

1995 GP Se

1994 dodge caravan

1992 dodge dynasty

I am on my second GP now, another '95, and I just bought a 2000 sunfire for the missus.

I do own a turntable, a pioneer, not too old. I use it to listen to all my Springsteen albums and bootlegs, all 300+ (no I'm not obsessed)

Yes, Pink Floyd rocks....