Oldsmobile for Buick

NORBI

:lol: OMFG - A bunch of Olds and Buick guys fussin over petty nonsence with Pontiac guys throwing in wise ass comments. No fear of confusing a Pontiac with a Buick or Olds because Buick or Olds would never put a birds beek on the front of their cars. :lol: For you Pontiac guys all I want to ask is when was the last time Pontiac used their own drivetrain ? :lol: Now even Chevy is getting a boost from the Buick drivetrain. :lol:

I'm into both divisions but usually prefer the Olds for styling but sometimes I like the Buick. Everyone knows (should) that Olds V8's always got the best power with the least gas. Both divisions were very similar and thus Im sure there has been decades of confusion. Before I was into this kind of car, if it was big and GM and didnt have Cadillac rear wings and bumper extensions, or the Pontiac beek, I knew it was either a Buick or Olds. I remember having the chance to purchase a friends mothers Boatail Riviera and was talked out of it by another friend because "its FWD and those FWD Rivieras and Toronados are nothing but trouble." Now thats the same ignorance 30 years ago that people had toward Buick and Olds just as we see today. For those of us who know the truth and all the various excellent cars and "new" breakthroughs that have come from both divisions, just smile and keep our little secret, its keeping the prices on these great cars more affordable for us. 8)

:lol: OMFG - A bunch of Olds and Buick guys fussin over petty nonsence with Pontiac guys throwing in wise ass comments. No fear of confusing a Pontiac with a Buick or Olds because Buick or Olds would never put a birds beek on the front of their cars. :lol: For you Pontiac guys all I want to ask is when was the last time Pontiac used their own drivetrain ? :lol: Now even Chevy is getting a boost from the Buick drivetrain. :lol:

8)

whoa shit....LOLOLOLOLOL!

Lets see here...I owned 2 W bodys in my day. The 1988 Buick Regal Custom that had the 2.8 and my 1995 Cutlass Supreme. Obviously the Cutlass is more sporty. There both nice cars, but the Cutty gets the edge in my books. I hate that wood grain dashboard look that the Buicks had/have in them! Then again they are steered more for luxury while Olds is in between both sides of the spectrum.

If I were to get a newer Regal I would consider the Black with Black interior! I must admit that those catch my eye! :wink:

My question here is why did they kill the Cutlass making it look like the newer Chevy Malibu? I'm not fond of that body style whatever they are considered. Oh well...no more Cutlass and no more Oldsmobile :cry: