Oldsmobile for Buick

NORBI

Hey did any of you Oldsmobile owners happened that all the people confure your Oldsmobile with Buick it happens to me all the time when they call Oldsmobiles a Buick and that pisses me off and i always have to correct them. No offense to Buick owners here. :x

It happens to ALL makes/models of cars! I've seen Buicks called Oldsmobiles, Pontiacs called Chevy's, Acura's called Honda's etc. It's to be expected in a day where almost all cars are being based on the same chasis with the same engine, built by the same plant etc.

No big deal...

I agree that all makes and models are confused sometimes, but I do think it happens more often to Oldsmobile and Buicks. I've had friends refer to my car as a Buick. They say that to stereotype it as an "old persons car." To that I simply say, hey, those are ROCKET emblems! :D

Answer to both sides: Who Cares?

Both divisions rule, and both divisions are rather similar in many ways, let's get over it.

BTW...I like my shield symbol, i think it's kinda cool.

buick invented the OHV.

Wrong. Oldsmobile came out with the first OHV motor, the Rocket V8 in 1948 (I think).

Answer to both sides: Who Cares?

Both divisions rule, and both divisions are rather similar in many ways, let's get over it.

BTW...I like my shield symbol, i think it's kinda cool.

AMEN.