Floor mats?

white4d96

What do you guys use?

I haven't had any for years, but I just pulled my carpet to dye it and noticed how threadbare it was getting from my feet. For that reason and because I'm concerned about dye coming off on wet feet, etc, I decided to look into some. I now have black carpet, and saw the black mats at Walmart (the "Best" ones that are like $28 for the 4) but am concerned about fitment. Is there a better option you guys recommend? I prefer carpeted mats...

One of the first things I did was to take my stock floor mats and put them in storage to prevent wear. I ended up using a place online called qualitycarmats.com to get daily use mats. They make their own mats and they're customized to your individual vechicle. They have lots of different colors to choose from (they sent me 2x3" samples of all the colors I wanted), you can select the type of stiching around the edges, and you can even choose to have a heel pad added. The fit was perfect. I was even able to get a full length piece for rear seat area instead of the two individual pieces that came for the rear area.

My only complaint is that the spikes on the back of the mats don't seem to be long enough to really grip the carpet. As a result, they do slide forward over time.

Okay, the price was a complaint too. These cost me $107.30 for the set, but I went with all their best stuff because I had I bit of play left in my budget. These folks have cheaper alternatives regarding materials used, but the fitment will still be the same.

WeatherTech, WeatherTech, and WeatherTech. The quality is phenomenal and they fit your car perfectly. You will never even see your car's carpet with these mats, but you'll know it's safe.

I have floormats I bought at Meijer, on top of my factory floormats. Which are actually mismatched since when the previous owner bought it, it was missing some so she took the ones out of her older '95 Lumina. Why should traded in her '95 WHITE Lumina for a '99 WHITE Lumina, I will never know....:lol:

Funny thing, when I bought the car the interior was so dirty I about bought tan mats for it. I argued with my mom about what color the interior was until we cleaned it up!:lol:

In all of my cars I have the stock ones as my base. Then I usually put in (my dd's) a set of rubber ones. I used to detail/clean cars for a dealer, and the used cars would come in and they did not want them sent to auction with ANY floor mats in (why I'll never know). So we used to pull and save them. I have a stash that I just pick from as long as they match. :lol:

In my classics I just have a towel on the floor over the stock ones. Since I show them often I just pull the towel out, plus they don't see rain or heavy use (no more than 1k a year or so) so it works fine for those.

Wish I still had the stock mats -.-

I think for $30 I may just get the walmart ones. If they really suck I'm not out a whole lot, plus I at least have something while I'm waiting for custom ones to be made.

Has anyone tried floor mats from RockAuto? They are around $110 for the super dense ones. I think $70 for the regular cut. Any one bought the carpets for that matter? I also want a high quality floormat with great fit. I"ll look into weathertech.

• 2 weeks later...

i bought the $^!& from walmart...worst floormats ever..not even suitable for DD...need a good set of rubber ones.

they slide Everywhere...rip on the sides, stain so easily its funny, and are uncleanable lol... definitely not worth the $30

i bought the $^!& from walmart...worst floormats ever..not even suitable for DD...need a good set of rubber ones.

they slide Everywhere...rip on the sides, stain so easily its funny, and are uncleanable lol... definitely not worth the $30

I bought some at Walmart 5 years ago. They're still great, other than the plastic is wearing off on the drivers side where your feet rest, but for like $15 or whatever they were, I couldn't be happier! Even if I replaced them now (which I don't need to by any means) they'd be $3 per year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can tell you don't buy Weathertech for a 99 Lumina if you want good fitment. Might be OK for a Grand Prix though. I would like a good recommendation also since these are going back. Factory mats only good option? I would like to try the ones from rockauto.com.