Who needs an A/C refill?

xtremerevolution

Summer's around the corner and I'm sure some of you have non-working A/C systems. If you're in the Chicago area or anywhere nearby, I can help.

Last year I bought a vacuum pump, manifold gauges, and hoses. If you need to refill your system properly and don't want to pay the $120+ to have $25 worth of refrigerant and oil put in your system by a shop, let me know. I can let you borrow the equipment so you can do the job yourself, or we can work on it in my driveway.

R134a only.

Thats really cool that you guys are offering. If one of yall were close by near me I would definitely take one of yall up on that. I think i would enjoy more of the "how to" than the actual benefit of the A/C being recharged. :lol:

xtreme, didn't you make a write up with recharging A/c?:think:

Yeah, once you have the tools its really quite simple though. Vacuum the system, keep an eye on the pressure, refill system till you get to the right pressure, and you're done. The pump and hoses and gauges though aren't cheap.

Sent from my HTC Awesome using Tapatalk

Xtreme, was it the thread where you had bought the parts to redo your ac system? That is only thing the came close to recharging the AC. I am about to go rent the gauge and vacuum pump for Autopoint. If you had write up somewhere let me know. :thumbsup:

Xtreme, was it the thread where you had bought the parts to redo your ac system? That is only thing the came close to recharging the AC. I am about to go rent the gauge and vacuum pump for Autopoint. If you had write up somewhere let me know. :thumbsup:

Its pretty self-explanatory. Hook up all the hoses correctly, vacuum the system out for 15 minutes or so, then turn the car on with the AC on max and put back the correct amount of oil and refrigerant.