Head units

GPdriver1986

I have made a list of some Head Units that I have decided on. I like them because they are averaged priced (200-300$ CAN) and they have MP3,2 preouts, satellite radio,remote,and other cool features. Heres the list:

Kenwood KDC- MP522

Panasonic CQDF383U

JVC S890 (not sure about this one)

Pioneer (not sure what model probably DEH P5500 or lower)

Give me your opinions on kenwood,panasonic,jvc,and pioneer.

all of my friends have had nothing but trouble with JVC, Kenwood great, prolly best from your picks, pioneer is good too yet depending what you get, usually the top of the line pioneers are good

I like Panasonic and Pioneer out of your choices. I would look at this panasonic though, it has a 2 year warranty instead of 1, a better display and all the other features you mentioned.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-yaqBASKQWCZ/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=62700&I=133DFX683&o=m&a=0&cc=01&avf=N

I'm a bit out of touch with pioneer's model numbers, but i've had one for 2 years and it's been a rock. I'm not too sure about Kenwood, i don't really have much experience with them except some of their speakers which were pretty terrible (tinsel leads touched something every time a bass note hit and sparked).

Good luck

I was kinda aware of JVC problems but I just wanted another opinion, so I have decided no JVC. I still want either that kenwood or that panasonic. I think pioneers are a little overpriced for the same features, but I would waste my money for a good model anyway, I was looking at the 3500,4500,or 5500.

My buddy had a Pioneer don't know what model number but it has mosfet so it sounds perfect all the time and it has a three band parametric equilizer built in pretty good for the money

I have the Panasonic you mentioned, and I really like it. I was looking for an MP3 player when I bought it, and I liked the display a lot. It's a really nice blue; especially cool at night. I'm not into very "fancy" displays, and I liked the single blue color. It's sounds good, and I like the fact that is has front, rear, and sub preouts. (although at that price they probably all do) It also has the capability of hooking up 2 Panasonic CD changers. The Panasonic will also read WMA's, if you listen to any of those. All in all I really like it, but there are also a couple of I don't quite like (as with anything)

Although the display is dimmable in three steps, sometimes it can seem a little too bright, even on the lowest setting. Also, the read time when you first put a disk in can be a little long (read 15 sec for MP3 CD-R, 30+ MP3 CD-RW) Regular CD's spin right up. One other thing about it; it scrolls the song title across the screen slower than I would like, although I've heard other brands also go slow. This is kind of trivial stuff, but I thought I'd give you my honest opinion. I hope this helps in your decision!

a friend of mine has theis:

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-arps5wTmNWe/ProdView.asp?s=0&cc=01&g=62700&id=morephotos&pi=2&i=055CDCX30M&display=XL#morephotos

it is an Aiwa and it's great... he got it from Best Buy her in london. Looks great and sounds amazing

here are the specs:

General

Chassis Size Code IEJ

RMS Power Output 22 watts

Peak Output 45 watts

RMS Power Bandwidth N/A

Preamp Voltage 2.2 volts

Video Control No

Preamp Outputs 1 pair

Subwoofer Preamp Outputs No

AUX Input Front

Display Color Blue/White

Key Button Color Red or blue

EQ Bands None

Sound Shaping Type BBE, H-Bass, DSSA

Wireless Remote Yes

Wired Remote No

Changer Control No

Security Detachable face

Parts Warranty 1 Year

Labor Warranty 1 Year

Tuner

Tuner Type N/A

FM Sensitivity 12.7 dBf

FM Presets 18

AM Presets 12

European Tuning No

Seek/Scan Seek

Radio Data System No

Satellite Radio Ready No

CD

CD Frequency Response 17-20kHz

CD Signal-to-Noise 90 dB

Anti-shock Memory None

CD Text No

CD-R Playback Yes

CD-RW Playback Yes

MP3 Playback Yes

DVD Playback No

or this one :Rockford Fosgate RFX9120G

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-arps5wTmNWe/ProdView.asp?s=0&cc=01&g=62700&id=morephotos&pi=2&i=575RFX912G&display=XL#morephotos

the specs are :

General

Chassis Size Code IE

RMS Power Output 25 watts

Peak Output 40 watts

RMS Power Bandwidth 20-20kHz

Preamp Voltage 2 volts

Video Control No

Preamp Outputs 3 pair

Subwoofer Preamp Outputs Yes

AUX Input No

Display Color Blue, Red

Key Button Color Red

EQ Bands None

Sound Shaping Type Punch (Loudness)

Wireless Remote No

Wired Remote No

Changer Control No

Security Detachable face

Parts Warranty 1 Year

Labor Warranty 1 Year

Tuner

Tuner Type ---

FM Sensitivity 10 dBf

FM Presets 20

AM Presets 10

European Tuning Yes

Seek/Scan Seek

Radio Data System No

Satellite Radio Ready No

CD

CD Frequency Response 20-20kHz

CD Signal-to-Noise 80 dB

Anti-shock Memory None

CD Text No

CD-R Playback Yes

CD-RW Playback Yes

MP3 Playback Yes

DVD Playback No

I got my Pioneer 3400 last year on Ebay for 164 bucks, shipped with the adapter kit and harness. Its by far the best money I've spent on the car besides the paint. Even with the stock speakers it sounded great. It puts out 22 watts rms and 50 peak with mosfet. My friend bought the 03 Model-The 3500 and his is just like mine except with some more adjustments and he only paid about 175 bucks. Well worth the money compared to stock.

I have an Alpine CDA - 9807 and it was pretty cheap, considering it's an Alpine, and it does quite a bit of stuff... it was $485 with an extended waranty... I love it :lol:

50W x 4 MOSFET Amplifier

Bass Engine®

- Subwoofer Level Control with Phase Selector

- Bass Center Frequency Control

- Bass Band Width Adjustment

- Treble Center Frequency Control

- Bass Type Control

MediaXpanderâ„¢

XM Satellite Radio Ready

MP3, WMA, CD-R/RW Playback

CD Text and MP3/WMA Tag Information Display

Quick Search Function (MP3/WMA Files and XM Radio)

CD Text, CD Text Display, CD Text Scroll

2 Color Display

Versatile-Linkâ„¢ Ready

MaxTune Tuner

BlackOut Display

Regulated 1Bit DAC

3 PreOuts (4 V PreOut)

MM Driver (Hard Disc Drive) Ready

MobileHubâ„¢ Ready

RUE-4187 Wireless Remote Control Included

Thanks for the opinions guys, I really appreciate it. BoltCrank I find Alpines very expensive but I know they are good. I still haven't decided which one to purchase : I have to go to future shop, best buy, or some local audio store and try them out.

Ive got a JVC deck in my truck and it sounds great and never skips. Its usually on sale at Best Buy for around $100.

I had a Kenwood in my other truck and after a while it stopped ejecting cd's right and Id have to manually take them out.

the only problems i had with my jvc that i just rembered was the eye is realy sensative n alot of my cds skipped do to this n sometimes the cd wouldnt eject n i was forced to reset my hoel raio just to eject it