powersteering pump again

toastemcutlass

so a couple of months ago i replaced the power steering rack and a couple months after that. then a month or so went by and the new pump was wining and building up alot of pressure in the resevore. so i replaced it again and the pump lasted a couple of weeks and now its whining again IM REALLY SICK OF THE WHINING :evil: anybody else ever have this prob?

I have the same problem with my p.s. pump. I replaced the original becuase the bearings we're going out. Now I have a whine, is not loud, just enough to hear from the engine compartment while standing near by. It does it all the time.

Oh, also, I've had a LOUD whine becuase there was a chip in the pulley. So if there's a chip, it'll make your power steering pump go bad (which will make it whine really loud) and you'll have to buy a pulley from the dealer. This is what I did, and I did use the special tools to press on the pulley and remove it. But the subject above still applies.