Disengaging the Emergency Brake.

whiteSE

OK, so last week I was changing the oil on the GP and I thought, why not check to see if the E-brake is working - Stupid mistake. That meant I seized the E-brake on and it wouldn't unlock. I removed the rear tires and manually disengaged it -(with pliers and a big hammer!!)

Anyways, I don't have an E-brake anymore (no problem) but as far as the car is concerned, it is still on. So the brake light warning light is on, on the dash and since my GP has automatic headlights, they won't come on as long as the car thinks the E-brake is on.

Just means I have to turn on my headlights manually BUT, how do I get that warning light to go out - there must be a switch within the E-brake assembly that puts that dash light on, but where is it and how do I disconnect it so the auto headlights will work again?

Thanks.

1990 3.1 GP SE, white.

That light would work off of the pedal I think.

Is the pedal "tight"? [or handle]

At any rate check the adjusment couple that may be just under the driver door, and make sure it is not taught.

Both the pedal and the release are free - when I pull the release there is a click like it is releasing but that happens every time I pull it and the light stays lit.

Thanks for the reply.