Speaker glue?

GaPrix

I have some Vibe Space 5s (5.25 woofer), pretty nice,the cone on one of them has come loose, the adhesive on the edge is bad I suppose. Anyone know what I can use to reglue it? I could use a little bracket to hold edge back down.

This happened to me shortly after departing for Dayton. I purchased a tube of superglue at the first place I stopped and emptied almost the whole container around the rim. A year and a half later its still going good

Superglue, designed to work on skin, doesn't work well on porous surfaces.

I bought my speaker glue from Radio Shack before it was Radio Shack about 40-50 years ago (used to go to the original store in the Chicago loop with my dad in the 1940's. Memories). It is called (GC) General Cement Speaker Glue and my bottle finally needs to be thrown out. Bottom line, check RS. Speaker cones deserve real cone stuff if you value them.

If it's a foam surround on a paper cone, they do make a glue specifically for that.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=340-076%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20&FTR=speaker%20glue

I would probably just use Permatex RTV adhesive silicone. It's very flexible and incredibly strong when dry. Only problem is it doesn't have hardly any wet tension. What I mean is Permatex doesn't have very much bonding force when wet, so you may need clamps or something like that to hold the parts together until the RTV hardens.

My superglue suggestion was just for the rim of the speaker to the frame. dont be a retard and put adhesive the dries hard on something thats supposed to move/flex :showoff:

Thanx all, this is what I did, its not on anything that moves.