Say I had a lugnut that was stripped...

Psych0matt

So, I have a lugnut (factory lock kind that needs a key) that someone tried to pound a socket on to get off, thereby completely destroying it.

Get it off how to I need knowing to do it. Many thanks to be.

Either pound a 12 point socket on it and take off.....Or get the tool made for taking those nuts off......Or get the car running and take it to a tire shop.

I use my air hammer, but thats not something most people are good with without trashing the rim:lol:

Your gonna have to do what Jay said.

If all else fails, get it to a tire shop and pay them like 1/2hr or less to get them off. Be ready to have the rim damaged.

Or get the tool made for taking those nuts off......

One is already trashed and I cant get it off even with the tool. If I can get this one off I can at least get to the alt to work on it, the other I can wait for the proper tool.

Get an impact socket, and pound that bitch on there.

And use a 12 point or even an 8 point. A 6 point will round it off even worse. Try an 11/16, 3/4 or 13/16.

any auto parts or hardware store? I'm using a 3/8 right now but it's pretty dull. I used a 1/8(i think) after i got started, and the a unibit a little, but a sharp bigger one would be perfect

drop the car down with the steering wheel turned all the way to the side with the borked lugnut. Make sure the lugnut is oriented toward the back of the car. Start steering to the other side.

Or maybe have it up in the air still with the wheels oriented the same as above and put a properly sized piece of something (wood, breaker bar, full 2 liter bottle of soda) to keep the front of the wheel out of the wheel well and steer the other way

I take it you were using oil to drill through the stud?

x2. Get some cutting oil, sharpen your drill bits, and have at 'er.

Trying to break/tear the wheel off, is probably just going to destroy everything else in that area instead of that nut/stud :lol: