led rollbar brake light

jake91

i was thinking how a bout a momentary switch it would be easyer to hide and just use the top to press it in to shut it off

i was thinking how a bout a momentary switch it would be easyer to hide and just use the top to press it in to shut it off

That would be simpler, but I can't see how you could do that without drilling holes. You mentioned earlier you didn't want to drill any unnecessary holes.

Well, actually I take that back, I don't think it would be simpler to use a momentary switch. A magnetic switch with double-sided sticky tape stuck to the inside of the roll bar trim panel would probably be simpler and you don't have to drill.

It's only 2-wires either way, and sticking on a switch with double-sided tape is much quicker than drilling and mounting.

only problem i see is say i mounted the magnetic one under the trim and stuff it would be too far apart to read. i was reading that they disconect at like 2cm and that would be like 3cm with trim in between

correct me if im wrong

I think the trim itself is hardly more than 1/8" thick - going by memory since it's been some years since I've had it off. Isn't there somewhere on the top you could stick the magnet that would place it fairly close to the roll bar, closer than 2cm? I don't have any specific recommendations, but surely you could find a place. After all, you would have to find a place for a momentary switch if you went that route anyway.

you know i just thought of a place right at the corner of the rollbar where the top frame rests i could stick the magnet to the top frame and hide the sensor under that little rubber piece :thumbsup: