porting the TB

no1kicker

I've got an extra plenium that I was going to polish this week, and was wondering if it would be worth it to take it somewhere to get it ported/polished. Like would it free some power, and how much do you guys think it would cost?

I'm not sure of the performance gains you would get on a TGP but I know on a GTP it's worth it. Check out this link and it will give you an idea. http://www.zzperformance.com/zzp/products/HV_throttlebody_GTP_info.htm

I would say if you have the part already sitting around and the money to do it, go for it. You're not going to lose any performance. Not sure of the cost of something like that but if I had to guess I would say somewhere around $100?

plenium right..or the TB..or both? The plenium..which portion or did you get both?...either way...I think porting (or extrudehone) the lower plenium will get excelent results. Porting the upper will get you little. Porting where they both meet will gain alot. The TB will gain some but not alot. Porting your exhaust ports on your heads will gain a whole bunch..having no pipe after the dp will gain a whole bunch too...ofcourse for racing only...TOO LOUD....But sounds cool. You could hear the turbine spool!