Aftermarket CD player and Steering Wheel Controls

Harleyman

Ahh, good to hear they are still out there, been a while since some guys hooked me up with a few, they liked them in their TGPs, and a local past TGP owner here ran the sending LED on the underside of the shifter knob and facing the head unit, very stealthy, even think he found a higher output LED if the need comes for it, I can't lay claim for all this info so it's nice to help and be helped by others this way 8) .

Good luck.

Jeff M

Get it from ClubGP store instead, it's cheaper there, and their shipping is usually faster and less expensive.

I've got one installed on my TGP. It works good for the most part, but there's times the buttons don't respond. I'm going to blame that on dirty contacts though, I need to pull the switchs apart the clean them out.

I've got the Control box installed under the top of the dash, and the IR transmitter/reciever is installed on the underside of the wiper controls pointing down to the radio. Can't even see that it's there unless you know about it. My only gripe is that their kind of hard to program, but once you do it a couple of times, you get the hang of it.

I installed a PAC adapter and can now operate my aftermarket CD player using my steering wheel controls. Thanks for the advice guys. This is really slick. It makes me feel like I'm driving a new car. I'll keep my stock AM-FM cassette player in case I ever sell the car.

Success, excellent, and a slick idea with your approach!!! 8) And THANKS for the feedback on how it went, we who offer help like to hear back on how it went/share the joys of your successes, and advancement of application with any other ideas you have!!

I like your idea, graph into the FM for a changer to keep things looking stock, saves from too much custom work, and those who like to look into your car will ill intents. I did this to one TGP and a Typhoon. In my first Typhoon I added an Alpine changer display that resided behind the top corner of the rear-view mirror, erased enough of the mirror background to allow the display to show through when lit but not show when the display was off (away from car), too bad they just stole the entire car, that is what happens when you live to close to MotorCity! :( In my latest TGP I have an Alpine ERA-320 Digital Eq, with the control display in the sun visor, out of the way from site but there when I flip the visor down, fun to do this when I can actually work on my cars. Two (back when they were good) ADS 850MX amps bridged for 4 channel each, 5 ¼ ADS 2-way speakers in the dash, 6 ½ in the doors, 10 inch subs on the sides of the rear seats residing in the cavity there below the rear side windows, all stock looking from the outside, stealth with a dash of custom, but more so stealth as I don’t like things seen/stolen!!

Enough of that, glad your rocking!!

Jeff M

Jeff you are from the Detroit area? I live just off of Van Dyke about 11/2hrs north. I would love to chat with you about some programming stuff for my custom cavalier 3.1Turbo swap.