Cheap solution for cup holder

BN

Not bad for $2.00. But if I had to ride in the passenger seat that would drive me crazy.

Personally I would try to mount it inside the console somehow so that it is out of sight when not being used.

Also, nice floormats!

I did the same in my Lumina, but I mounted it closer to the dash. How do you expect to make out with a girl when the drinks are right between you and her?

I installed those cupholders right against the side of the center console, right next to the shifter on the passenger side on the Skyhawk. Kind of aggrevates passengers though :lol:

The ones I bought were like $6 at Wal-Mart though.

I did the same in my Lumina, but I mounted it closer to the dash. How do you expect to make out with a girl when the drinks are right between you and her?

?!

:lol:

?!

:lol:

Yeah, he clearly didnt have the bench seat option.

The interior of your car looks really nice......then the random cheap looking cupholder sitting in the middle of nowhere shows up?!?!?

No doubt!!! I'd remove that ASAP and just have a drink with a cap on it.

Wow you guys are a tough crowd. I use this car to get to work and need a lot of coffee in the morning so at least I can carry a couple cups without it spilling all over the place.

We might be a tough crowd but that interior looks awesome and it's a shame to muck it up with the cheapy cup holder that's all dude. It's not like we can physically stop you from doing that. Lol

I just swapped in a 95+ Cutlass center console, and BAM. perfect.

I had those in my Dodge Dynasty, worked okay, gotta make due with what you have around you.

So, for 2 bucks? awesome. If you want it to look sexy as hell, swap out the center console from a new(er) one, and call it a day.

Funny how we all look at things differently...I have a '95 Cutlass and HATE the look of the two large cupholders in the middle of the console...but there are few other choices that would allow for cupholders, and the convertible top switch.

I just swapped in a 95+ Cutlass center console, and BAM. perfect.

I had those in my Dodge Dynasty, worked okay, gotta make due with what you have around you.

So, for 2 bucks? awesome. If you want it to look sexy as hell, swap out the center console from a new(er) one, and call it a day.

Wow you guys are a tough crowd. I use this car to get to work and need a lot of coffee in the morning so at least I can carry a couple cups without it spilling all over the place.

I can certainly appreciate that! I don't have any usable cup holders in my Cutlass, so I copied my wife's technique of putting the cup next to me, behind the seatbelt buckle. It usually stays put, but one time I had a larger cup and I guess I leaned on it too much without realizing it and the lid had popped off. I ended up with Sierra Mist all over my seat and on the right side of my butt. Good thing I didn't have any kind of brown drink in it.

I'd say your cupholder solution beats spilling the drink all over the place! :lol:

I've been trying to come up with a better solution, possibly something that pops out of the ashtray location. I personally don't like the factory pop out cupholder even if it works. When I'm wearing my coat, it makes me too clumsy and bulky, I'll knock it over. I know, because the cupholder worked in my wife's Cutlass and I was always knocking the drink over into the passenger side floor.

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking about putting a plastic cup in the coin holder and filling up the area around it with silicon rubber...? Maybe mix a little dye in to make it blend in a little better.

I have a bench seat and no place to add a cupholder to the dash of my '76 Gran Torino. So I'm thinking, what would Henry do, and I think, well, he had to have come up with a cupholder for a bench seat that moved with the seat, cleared a fat transmission tunnel, and wasn't part of some armrest I don't have. And he did. I give you, the Ford Ranger bench seat-mounted cupholder/ashtray and/or double cupholder. Installed as early as 2001 models so I have a chance to unclip one from a junkyard ride. I'll take mine in black like this one, sans the ashtray part since I have that in my dash already.

6414_st0640_066.jpg

Edited by occupant