what is the wheel bolt pattern?

douellette

you are aware that you should be using hub-centric wheels, correct?

i dont even have a clue what that is :dunno:

most of the stress is transfered to the hub(by either using hub rings or having wheels with a correct hole already) rather than the wheel studs.

you are aware that you should be using hub-centric wheels, correct?

i dont even have a clue what that is :dunno:

most of the stress is transfered to the hub(by either using hub rings or having wheels with a correct hole already) rather than the wheel studs.

and how do if i know if the rim is that kind? i thought hub rings were only to space the wheel out?

hub rings attempt to match the diameter of the hole in the wheel with the diameter of the hub. they don't space anything out, those would just be wheel spacers.

some work better than others, but i don't have a whole lot of experience with them, i like using factory wheels...

I've seen posts that says we can use also use the more popular 114.3mm size as well if the right spacer is used. I'm not sure how that all goes together though. I like my crosslaces just fine; they sexy when all cleaned up.

I've seen posts that says we can use also use the more popular 114.3mm size as well if the right spacer is used. I'm not sure how that all goes together though. I like my crosslaces just fine; they sexy when all cleaned up.

You can use them as long as it fits the hub right just like any other wheel. I did it for awhile.

I've run 5x114.3 on my 89 for the last 7yrs.

Hubcentric are not a necessity with conical lugs. It's recommended, but the majority of people running aftermarket wheels are running them lugcentric with no issues. Most aftermarket wheels don't come with hubcentric rings, or if they do, they're plastic ones. The plastic ones don't make the wheel hubcentric, they only make them easier to center on the hub. With plastic rings, they are still essentially lugcentric because the plastic hub ring can't support the weight.

Hubcentric basically means the center hub hole of the wheel fits snugly onto the center part of the hub that sticks out. Hubcentric is best because the hub supports the weight of the car, but lugcentric, where the lugs support the weight of the car, works just fine.

Spacers are only required if you want to space the wheels out or for brake caliper clearance issues. Spacers and hubcentric rings are not the same thing.