Pulled the Radiator

dkorinko

It took all of about 45 min, i yanked the radiator and it will be at the shop in morning, my dad was nice enough to cut a hole in it, and he cut a hole in the actual cooling decks inside the radiator, not just the fins, and its a serious cut. I am having one of my buddies do it who is in the automotive business, i guess they are going to recore it and everything so i was just wondering if anyone as had the same thing done and how much it cost??? I wanna see if i get a good deal or not.

The cheapest way to go would have been to just plug the tube that is cut. Only recores I have had done are perf. 2-3 or 2-4 and are any where from $200 - $300. Last time I just bought an all aluminum dual 1" core for $185 :wink: (Of course that was for my 66 Chebby C-20)

Its going to be a little different for this radiator. It has a high effiecency core. It would be considered a high performance 3 core radiator. I''ve seen anywhere from 350 to 500 around here, but others have said they got it done for $185. I never verified if it was the right core, but every shop I've talked too was really surprised at what kind of radiator it was.

If you they can fix it then cool but for $300-500 and a 13-14yr old unit I would check other avenues. Griffin, relentless unit etc... and still pay at a max $250. Intercoolers and transmission lines can easily be moved or converted for beans.

Guest TurboSedan
If you they can fix it then cool but for $300-500 and a 13-14yr old unit I would check other avenues. Griffin, relentless unit etc... and still pay at a max $250. Intercoolers and transmission lines can easily be moved or converted for beans.

hmmmm....$225 for a radiator that's already been fixed, pressure checked, painted, and it includes a TGP intercooler, upper & lower charge pipes w/flex hoses, radiator upper mounting panel, & primary fan with bracket & pigtail.....sounds like a better deal to me :wink: PM me if you're interested. i'm really just trying to help you out and get help get your TGP back on the road. peace.

joshua