2002 GP SE... Base DIC to digital DIC? and a couple other wiring questions

buickman091

Hi guys, I did some searching and the threads I found didnt answer my questions. I have the base DIC in my dash with the idiot lights and the trac button. I want the one with the didital display that you see in the GT models. I think the plugs are different so what I am wondering is: Can this be wired in by repinning or splicing to the other pigtail? and, will all the features work like they should? I am aware that I can use one from a 98-03 as long as its not from a GTP. Can any of you be of assistance? Thanks in advance!

I've looked at this myself.

The wiring is different, but your car may have the wiring harness tucked behind the dash, as many cars seem to have both connectors for whichever was installed...

Oh and also, Its not very common for a GT to have the info center, As mine has every option (except DIC and HID, but HUD I added already) and I am having a hard time finding a GT info center as I dont want the boost gauge

Yeah, I have a GTP one I could use but Id rather not have the boost gauge ethier... I looked for the other plug and didnt find one. but mine is an 02 so I suppose Ill have to wire it in... also, I am capable of taking this on, but I have yet to find an actual diagram rather than a chart to go from.