MaD says: "Get rid of that chrome grille!"

MaD

If I had a digicam, I would. But my car is silver, and I painted my grille black. I like it better than the chrome. There's this broad at my job with the same exact car as mine, and I always compare and contrast our cars, and mine looks a lot fresher without the chrome grille. :D

-MaD-

Guest TurboSedan

i agree. i painted my grille dark blue once before, but i did a quickie job. all of the paint had gotten blasted off at the car wash about 2 months later :( i'm not going to bother painting it again because the grille is all broken up and is held on by only one screw. the pic in my sig was actually taken over a year ago.

joshua

My step brother has a 91 Cutlass that looks to be the same color as yours (deep blue) The front grille on it came painted body color when my dad bought it off the lot new. It also has a red trim strip (instead of silver like yours), and the factory 3.1 Dual exhaust..

Guest TurboSedan

that would indicate the car came with RPO 'BYP' sport package. i'm not a big fan of the red strip, but i sure wish my car came with the BYP package.....sportier front & rear bumpers with fog lamps, dual exhaust, and body colored grille.

joshua

Black out the grille! Next time use Bulldog paint adhesion promoter, acrylic spray paint, and rough up the chrome first. I guarantee you it won't come off! and dammit do it quick! And keep the can nozzle 8 inches away, not like 2!:lol:

that would indicate the car came with RPO 'BYP' sport package. i'm not a big fan of the red strip, but i sure wish my car came with the BYP package.....sportier front & rear bumpers with fog lamps, dual exhaust, and body colored grille.

joshua

Oh u mean like mine..and my strip is to match chrome.

IM going to a J/Y this weekend if its not raining or snowing I'll get you one so you can paint it if you want.....I know there are 4 Cutlasses out there including my old 137MPH one.....grill is already off of that one though....

that is if you want it.....

137mph Cutlass!?!?!

joshua

Yeppers thats not a Typo

its a 1991 Cutlass 4 door with a 3.1L and a interceptor tranny was supose cop car but was never one because it came in the wrong color the dealer where it was bought ordered 3 of them but they came in Bright Blue not dark....so they sold them to the public.

that car was awsome.

but its Dead at 378,xxx miles.......all origanal.... the tranny burnt up after my sister didnt notice that the aux cooler line for the tranny fell off and drained all the fluid.....the Rubber hose rotted away after that many miles....

lol, WTH is this?

I never started this thread, I swear!

:lol:

-MaD-

I split it off of the thread in the TGP forum. :lol:

The Cutty LukeZ34 is describing sounds like a 4-dr International to me...

The BYP Sport included all the International Series ground effects and the foglights, and duals on the sedan. The grille on the sedan could also be ordered in either body color or chrome. I don't mind the chrome on the base/SL, but I do like the BYP with the body colored grilles.

Nope.. no international... I'll get a picture of it sometime.

It's almost a base sedan. It's got the front bench seat, column shift, cassette, standard climate control... does have the nice digital cluster though, and then the sport package that joshua described above. He's been wanting to sell the thing.. he wants to get a truck so he can go hunting easier, lol

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TurboSedan

i just got a mint black grille from a '90 International Sedan! no more chrome woo-hoo! i will be putting my new International gfx (skirting) on tomarrow, and now all i need is that BYP fog-light front bumper. unfortunately it seems that the '90 International and BYP equipt 3.1/Quad 4 sedans only had single exhaust. maybe '91+ got duals but i can only find '90 International sedans in the salvage yards w/single exhaust....crap! no dual exhuast rear bumper for me but at least i got (or am getting) everything else. my car also has a new emblem.....a '5speed' emblem from a 70's Honda CVCC! pics to come (it looks good really).

joshua