struts

jake91

Matt and I see on ramp speed limits as a challenge! LoL

It's quite exhilarating when the tires start to slide out from behind you! lol, I know, I have a sick idea of fun!

Jamie

GR2's are fine for lowered cars, I bought my GR2's used with 15,000 miles on them from a member here, I proceeded to drive on them for 2 years problem free. I now have one (rear) GR2 blown, but that's only because I put the car sideways in a round-about and hopped a curb.

All this talk about GR2s not being good for a lowered cars is BS, I had to hit a curb doing 70kmh an hour to bottom one out. (Yeah, round-about at 70km an hour, its fun!)

Jamie

All this talk of GR2's not being good for lowered cars is coming from 2nd gen owners.

If you own a 2nd gen and are lowed, get AGX's. If you own a 1st gen and are lowered, GR2's will be fine.

The thing is, if the AGX line wasn't available for the 2nd gens, I bet everyone would still be pro GR2. No doubt that the AGX's would be better than GR2s on a 1st gen as well, but you have to bastardize your entire front end to get them to work.

Jamie

im talking about the rears, you got to keep in mind...

1-i do have 1 st gen aswell

2- when replacing struts in your 1st gen you are replacing 10-15 year old struts, so of course there going to feel like a dream, but stock OEM gm struts would feel just the same, gr2s are not a performance strut,

i do not have a problem with thm and the cost of them is great, but im just saying iis all

WITH my coilovers, it dont really matter what struts i run as the ride is stiff as hell

• 3 weeks later...

okay so i changed my struts and mount my old struts were shot. the the fronts leaked all their fluid out when removed and the rears had no fluid in them and compressed themselves. the car is awesome now

i mentioned earlier in this thread that i was only able to take a roundabout at about 25 today i took the same one and got the car up to 40 before the tires broke loose

okay so i changed my struts and mount my old struts were shot. the the fronts leaked all their fluid out when removed and the rears had no fluid in them and compressed themselves. the car is awesome now

i mentioned earlier in this thread that i was only able to take a roundabout at about 25 today i took the same one and got the car up to 40 before the tires broke loose

:high5:

Nice job!