'94-'96 Facelift

Twenty

I've been researching options for the GP sedan lately, and whenever I do that I usually find something I want to do that'll end up costing me money. :lol:

For a while now I've wanted a set of the factory sideskirts for the sedans. After more looking I learned that they're part of a 'facelift' that GP sedans got for the '94 and up model years. I've done some snooping around on my car and as far as I can figure everything will be an easy swap. I'd still appreciate it though if anyone had any further info. I'm a little unsure if the skirts will fit an earlier model sedan, but I presume they will.

For the record, here are the comparisons, and my thoughts.

(90-93, no lip kit)

P1090478.jpg

(94-96, lip kit and colour coded front valence) I'd most likely just add the skirts. No rear lip, and no painted front valence.

GPwithskirts.jpg

EDIT: As noted on page 2, this isn't actually a 94-96 sedan, but still has the skirt package since it was available on some models.

(90-93, Separate taillights, turn signals on bottom)

P1090506fix.jpg

(94-96, Joined taillights, turn signals on top) I'm stuck here between rigging up just the outer taillights (I will have to alter them though, I won't put them on as-is), or going with all three parts.

94RearEnd.jpg

I'm trying to plan out any exterior changes now, since it looks like the car will be in the bodyshop next year to get some issues addressed, and I'd prefer to get everything done at once. I'll be doing the lights myself if I go with them, but I still need the skirts painted and fitted.

I like the tails...I'd put 'em on.

Guess its all a matter of person opinion.

Personally, I like the fact that the turn signals are huge, but I hate how the checkerboard pattern is broken up over the reverse lights; that I'd have to change.

I actually have a used set of these taillights in my garage, but they're most likely too far gone to justify restoring.

I see what you mean. If you do change it post a pic, it should look really good.

When it ultimately gets to the bodyshop I'll be sure to update the build thread with pictures. I'll try to finish off the exterior all at once.

I love the STE/94-96 sedan tails. I put them on my old LE, including the lightbar. It NEEDS the lightbar!!!

x2, the lightbar is the best part. It gives the car a unique look, IMO. I miss my GP sedan!

I'm still torn on lightbar or no lightbar, so I did a quick photoshop to see how it'd look with just the outer tails, as I had originally planned. Now I'm still stumped.

94-96rear.jpg

I still want to see it on a white car first. If I have some free time I may pull my filler panel off and rest my spare lightbar in place to see how it'd look, so that I can really judge.

After seeing that photoshop I would put the light bar on

x2. how hard will it be to do?

To put the center bar on? I should just have to unbolt the filler panel, bolt the light bar in place, and run the lighting harness to it.

Is your front valence original? I don't recall ever seeing one that wasn't color matched to the car...but I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to the sedans either.

I'd do the sideskirts + tails w/ light bar. I think the light bar actually makes the rear look better on the sedan.

Is your front valence original? I don't recall ever seeing one that wasn't color matched to the car...but I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to the sedans either.

I'd do the sideskirts + tails w/ light bar. I think the light bar actually makes the rear look better on the sedan.

that is normal.

and I agree, the light bar looks great!

lightbar it. I have been wanting to do it to my 2dr, but never gotten around to it.

side skirts are a must.

also, try and get a GTP hood from that era, that would make it 3423x better.

lightbar it. I have been wanting to do it to my 2dr, but never gotten around to it.

side skirts are a must.

also, try and get a GTP hood from that era, that would make it 3423x better.

I'm not 100% sure that they fit.

Maybe GT or STE hood.

Seeking confirmation that the hoods match coupe to sedan because I don't know.

To me if it's not STE it's nothing to write home about I loved that middle bank.

NOW FOR SOME CORRECTIONS:

The skirts were standard on 91-93 STE's/GT's, Optional on the SE's and not available on the LE's.

Earlier SE's had it as an option. You also got dual exhausts with it as well, but it was available with the SE and included the slaw-blade rims that you have were part of that package.

GPwithskirts.jpg

This is NOT a '94-'96 Grand Prix, this is most definitely a '91-'93 Grand Prix (unless this is your car photoshopped). Tail lights are wrong for the year of the car. Earlier model sedans have red on top, later models have the red on the bottom so that it may be incorporated into the red "light bar" at the bottom.

Good eye. I had noticed after I posted it that it was an earlier model, since the lights were like mine. I did a bit more research, and sure enough the skirts were an option for SEs those years. Regardless they make it look much better, and now I know that they will fit my '92.

As for a new hood, I'm not too sure about changing it out. I don't want one that'd look out of place.