Another successful rear caliper swap

thekrazykat

Just finished a rear caliper/rotor swap in my 91 regal. I got tired of the old calipers getting frozen and relying on the front brakes to stop the car. Took all parts from a 96 regal donor...very straight foward. Huge improvement. Would def recommend this swap.

I read different posts about setting up the parking brake...not sure whats the best and easiest. I want to keep my existing parking brake pedal. Should I:

1. Extend the original parking brake cables?

2. Purchase new parking brake cables for a 94+ car?

Also, as a side note, I swapped a 2001 GTP dual exhaust on the 91 a few months ago. My neighbor wrecked his gtp and before he dumped it i grabbed his mandrel bent stock exhaust system (he kept the engine). Took me the whole day with the swap but it looks pretty good. Had to hammer in the tire holder on the passenger side 2 inches to fit the passenger muffler. And the 90 degree bend on the gtp is slightly different than on the 91. But the y pipe fits perfectly under the monoleaf. I used regular 2.25" autozone exhaust hangers to attach the end of the mufflers to the 91 bumper brackets. A lil hacking but not too bad of a job. Took me one full day. I will try to get pictures soon.

if the j/y car has good parking brake lines, grab them.

you also need to get a retainer and the bolt and clip that goes on on the driver's side of the rear suspension assembly that holds the parking brake cable, as well as a bracket spot welded to the car on the driver's side

there is a junction below the driver's door, which is where I would connect the lines. basically just cut the line in front of that junction.