woke the GTP up big time.

9lumina6

Took a little drive out to Rome, NY to have my N* TB and 85mm MAF installed be a local member. He had a completely custom CNC machined adaptor to hook up the 96-99 style N* to my Gen V, wich looks beautifull. I think he only had 5 made so far, but will have more made. He also had a completely custom Throttle cable bracket made, and works perfictly, cruise functions perfict as well. I will take pictures of the finished product tomorrow. He also did a wideband tune, we went out and scanned and tweeked the tune for a good 3-4 hours, It was not easy tuning my car...lol. He got the fueling dialed in very nice. I believe rite around 10.9-11.0. The car pulls like a bat out of hell off the line now. (it pulled nice before, but major improvement now with the new TB and tune) And I havnt even put the 3.4'' pulley back on yet. I'm still running a 3.6''. The only reason why is we noticed I am still getting a burst of 14* of KR from a 20-30mph roll punching it. It used to do that with my old tune. Looking at the scans, the wideband showed that the fueling was perfict, and nothing abnormal at all in the frames where the completely random burst of KR happened.

Theres are 2 things I am thinking might be making false knock.

-1. The flanges that connect the headers to the DP literally come within 1/2'' from the stock swaybar. I'm thinking it's highly possible that when i "jab" the throttle from any lower cruising speed.....it's causing the flange to hit the swaybar. I did notice the flange had made a mark on the swaybar when I had the DP off the other day. I'm going to try to flip the swaybar, and see if that possibly helps.

-2. The Tranny dipstick tube rests on the X-over for the headers. That could have something to do with possibly making false knock too.

I'm getting no knock at all from a dead stop punching it. And on I-90 on the way home tonight, punching it from 75, it just took off like a bat out of hell. It's only getting that burst of knock if i punch it from any roll from 20-50ish. Until we figure this out, I'm leaving the 3.6'' on just to be safe.

I'm headed to NYIRP tomorrow to test it out, I'll bring the camera along and take pics of the new setup, and try to make some vids of some track runs.

is it the factory sway bar?

I'm hoping that's my problem with the DP flange literally being less then an inch away from the stock swaybar, and when the engine rocks...its hitting. I'll just have to jack up the car, undo the swaybar and flip it around so that its pointing down in the middle and has plenty of clearence from the Flange.

could it be a bad motor mount causing the dp to hit the sway bar?

It's very possible. I do still have my stock upper mounts wich I have turned 90* (same mounts as you guys with the 1.5 Gen 3100's & 3800's) I am going to eventually put some poly's in there. My lower mount could be getting bad.....along with my tranny mount....they do have 118K miles on them now, and probably wouldnt hurt to replace them anyways even if they arn't bad.

Yeah....it still needs some bugs worked out. I took her to the track today. I'm not even going to list my times, cause they were embarasingly slow, because I was hooking so good on the track that my DP was hitting my sway bar. (I could hear it). I def need to flip the sway bar and get some poly mounts on there for the uppers and some new rubber mounts for the bottom, and tranny mounts.

From a highway pull.........she pulls like a bat out of hell. But at the track, the motor was moving so much cause of the good traction I was getting, it was pulling too much timing. (I still managed to literally spin going into 2nd gear on the track wich was sprayed very good)

Some pics of the new N* TB/ 85MM MAF setup

GTPs085.jpg

GTPs086.jpg

GTPs087.jpg

GTPs088.jpg

GTPs089.jpg

Some vids since the TB install.........It still needs more tuning........these are just meant to show you the whine of the Gen V.