radio compatibility

jake91

is a 95 cutlass radio w/ cd and cassette plug and play in a 94 cutlass w/cd. and what other radios will plug and play that have a cd and a cassette or aux plug so i can run my ipod. that are swrc compatible. if there are any

if i typed anything wrong (im sure i did) take it easy on me its 3:15 and im not wearing my glasses so i cant see very well

thanks jake

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Mine came out of a '95 Aurora, it looks exactly like the original cassette, but the cassette is relocated to the bottom, and the CD player is on top...it even says "Oldsmobile" on the front. It was plug and play.

However, it continually gives error codes (E20, E21), and skips frequently. Someone mentioned on here finding one that the heat sink on the back is square, rather than "T" shaped, those are supposed to be somewhat more reliable.

is a 95 cutlass radio w/ cd and cassette plug and play in a 94 cutlass w/cd. and what other radios will plug and play that have a cd and a cassette or aux plug so i can run my ipod. that are swrc compatible. if there are any

if i typed anything wrong (im sure i did) take it easy on me its 3:15 and im not wearing my glasses so i cant see very well

thanks jake

Mine came out of a '95 Aurora, it looks exactly like the original cassette, but the cassette is relocated to the bottom, and the CD player is on top...it even says "Oldsmobile" on the front. It was plug and play.

However, it continually gives error codes (E20, E21), and skips frequently. Someone mentioned on here finding one that the heat sink on the back is square, rather than "T" shaped, those are supposed to be somewhat more reliable.

thanks jake

the 1995+ radio is double din and is not plug an play with the 94- radio, which is din 1.5

if you are replacing/getting a 95+ radio, the earlier ones have a metal T heatsink. AVOID THOSE. later ones do not have the heatsink T and are better quality.

if the radio is tape only, the tape is on top. if it has cassette and CD, the tape is on the bottom and cd on top.