Tire shine

mmltml

I use the purple Meguiars gel stuff that smells like grape cough syrup

That's what I use. It's thick enough that it won't fling all over the place if you apply it and drive right away, but it's not too heavy to where it takes forever to put on. Plus it lasts for a long time!

Yup, it really does last for weeks.

You can actually smell your tires too! I was walkin through a parking lot, and smelled "Meguiares Grape". Look around, car 4 feet away had nice shiny tires!

We called customer service to ask why it smelled like grape. They said people like things that smell good. So we asked why not strawberry. He said it was up to the chemists.

We were bored...

• 1 month later...

I have to agree with whoever posted about the Black Magic "Matte Finish". I think unless you're at a car show, high-gloss tire shine does nothing but sling all over your car, and looks kinda tacky. The Matte Finish spray from Black Magic is great stuff! Just spray on a foam applicator, scrub the tires with it, and they get a nice, low-gloss black finish. Makes the car look very clean! I detail my cars religiously, and that is the only tire dressing I will use on my tires. Great stuff!

Wow....my dad was using Westley's Bleach since way back in the '80s for the white wall tires on his '79 caprice. :lol: Because of that, I also used to use it regularly on my first car. We never had an issue of it damaging any paint or the wheels, yet, as Andrei said, that stuff is STRONG for removing dirt and grime.

Honestly, for the tire shine, some may shine more, and some may shine longer, but I've never tried ANY kind that hasn't looked at least half way decent for a few days. What I'm getting at is maybe it's not the products so much as your tires. Like right now, the tires on my GTP are such garbage that nothing on Earth makes them shine more than half an hour. Same with the wheels on my sister's car. When I had to swap one of my tires (which threw a belt) with another tire (old, but it was a full size spare, so it was protected from the elements), I was blown away by how shiny it was after I sprayed it down with the tire shine. I had forgotten how tires could look with that stuff on. :lol:

westleys(dad's choice that i picked up) + dollar store tire "shine" :lol:

i like the finish it leaves though it only lasts a day or two out in the sun. not glossy, but not flat either, and it definitely makes them look black....er.