Tire shine

mmltml

I've tried a few different kinds of tire shine, but i haven't been getting great results...all of the ones i've tried all say that i will get a "wet" shine that will last for weeks (which will probably never happen), but almost as soon as it dries, it goes back to flat black...do you guys have any recommendations?

I use the purple Meguiars gel stuff that smells like grape cough syrup. Seems to work pretty well. In fact, it's still all over the floor of my trunk where the bottle exploded.

I use whatever is cheapest at the part store. I only use it for when I need it, which is usually same day, and that always works for me.

The gel applicator stuff should last longer.

I use the purple Meguiars gel stuff that smells like grape cough syrup

That's what I use. It's thick enough that it won't fling all over the place if you apply it and drive right away, but it's not too heavy to where it takes forever to put on. Plus it lasts for a long time!

I found this 10 year old unopened tire shine in my grandpa's garage that appears to be straight liquid. I was hoping it would do the trick but it doesn't sound like it..I guess it's worth a try!

Good to have a recommendation in case I ever get not-cheap.

That's it. Unless you're pouring the bottle directly on the tires and leaving it there, I'm not sure how it would fling off.

no thats not what i'm doing haha i'm not sure why it was either but i let it sit for a good 20 mins before i moved it at all...it was like 4 bucks at DG so i'm not too upset...but thanks i will have to try that stuff

16-OZ-BM-TITANIUM-MATTE-TIRE-FINISH.jpg

I've been using this lately and it works great. It's not shiny like the other ones, instead it leaves tires looking a deep, velvety black. It is more of a satin finish. I apply it with a 3m tire shine applicator and I have yet to have any sling. It is water based and it dries really well too. It might not last as long as other tire shines, but I find that I apply the other "long lasting" tire shines at every wash too.

Also, for a typical W, 1.5 to 2 squirts is all that is required per tire. (might take a little bit more the first time you apply it)

I know you are probably looking for "shine". I used to use the highest shine stuff, but now I really prefer the look of this stuff.

r_arm_etsgelcrtn_0706.jpg

I haven't used tire shine in over 3 years but this stuff is sticky and stays on the longest!

Armor All Tire Shine

That's what I used.

For some reason, I put on too much and it flung across everywhere. Rims and fenders alike were dirty. Argh!

I have been using the Black Magic lately. I have used the gel and it does fling off. Not too mention it can build up over time for dirt to stick too. I have been using this on all of my cars for about 3 months with good results. I spray it on at night and leave it over night. Very little comes off. It looks like it is wet and black for about 10 days or more unless it rains. I have a wheel cover from Eastwood that covers my wheels so they stay nice and clean too.

http://www.blackmagicshine.com/products.aspx/37/black-magic-tire-wet-aerosol

To be 100% honest..........I use the Advance Auto brand tire shine It looks very good if you spray it on 1 of those foam thingys and put it on the tire......thats how I do it. It's cheap....and it lasts quite a while (when it doesnt rain)

Actually if you look in my Sig pic.... thats with the Advance brand stuff.

Also, I forgot to mention that you might not get the results you want without cleaning the tires properly first. I use zep Formula 505. I buy it from home depot in the gallon jugs and it works great. It strips off any old tire dressings, dirt, brake dust etc... and preps the tires for the dressing. Car soap, dish soap, etc are not strong enough to get the tires clean enough for the dressing to work properly.

I have tried simple green too, and the ZEP blows it out of the water, and for less money too.

I use westley's bleche white. shit so strong you'll see the road grime start running off the tire the moment you spray it on. it starts to burn if you touch it for too long, but it is the best stuff i've ever used.

When using the cleaners on your tires, be careful of your wheels. Many of these cleaners can damage or destroy the finish on your wheels. Just FYI.

yeah...like that westleys bleche white stuff xtremerevolution was talking about i'd be scared for that to touch any part of my car lol, but yeah i always wipe down my rims after i spray anything on the tires with a damp towel.

there is indeed a disclaimer for the bleche white I use saying it can damage the finisj on the wheels, but after usingit for years on end to clean the white letters on the regal's tires and spraying it liberally, I can honestly say it doesn't do any damage. I wouldn't leave it on for a long time though. it is some really damn strong stuff though. I wash it off with a high pressure hose fitting 30 seconds after I put it on.

Yeah we've been using Bleche White for years and it's done no damage to the wheels. It shouldn't unless you spray it on and go eat lunch, then come back...

I use Black magic tire shine spray for mine, shine's em up good! :) Also Bleach White for my white walls! It kicks ass! :lol:

I use Black magic tire shine spray for mine, shine's em up good! :) Also Bleach White for my white walls! It kicks ass! :lol:

It does huh!

Don't breath that shit btw, it can make you feel really jacked up.

I use the purple Meguiars gel stuff that smells like grape cough syrup. Seems to work pretty well. In fact, it's still all over the floor of my trunk where the bottle exploded.

:facepalm: The crap is so greasy and nasty too. I need to try some of the Zep stuff. Also, anyone get brown/ tan colored spots/ splotches on the sidewall from using any kind of tirewet?