Anyone know of a source to get Delco CD player fixed (93 Cutlass)

BN

Just picked up a factory AM/FM/CD for my 93 Cutlass. Radio works great but CD part doesn't work. Anybody have any luck getting one of these fixed, reasonably?

I quick internet search will net you a few links to get it repaired. I know of a popular one down in Flordida but the name escapes me right now.

Expect to pay over $200 to have it repaired.. You would find a cheap repair really because the entire CD mechanism has to be replaced with an updated one..

describe what the CD player is doing. I have had good luck cleaning the CD lense with alcohol. Usually requires you to take the radio apart some. not fool proof, but worked well for me in the past.

When I tried to get mine fixed, they quoted me $300 to fix the CD mechanism in the original, or $400 for a new Pioneer, installed, with iPod input. I got the Pioneer, although I like the factory CD player much better.

describe what the CD player is doing. I have had good luck cleaning the CD lense with alcohol. Usually requires you to take the radio apart some. not fool proof, but worked well for me in the past.

It will accept the CD but then nothing, after a bit the radio will start to play. It will then eject when button is pushed. I tried a cleaning CD but nothing happened.

cleaning CD's suck in my opinion. Take it out and clean the lense with a q-tip. Also, before you do it, blow the dust out with compressed air.

United Radio in Syracuse NY is where we send out radios to get repaired at work. I can get you the number tomorrow. But it will probably be around the $200 range. Not worth it IMO. Just go aftermarket.

• 4 weeks later...

Wasn't there a write-up somewhere on how to order the updated CD mechanism, and change it yourself? I think it was around $80 to get the mechanism (at least around that time).

Wasn't there a write-up somewhere on how to order the updated CD mechanism, and change it yourself? I think it was around $80 to get the mechanism (at least around that time).

Anyone have details on this? This sounds good!

There was, and I know who did the write up, however, the company no longer just sells the mechanisms, since the company was getting screwed not doing the labor.

They answer was yes, but now is no, and probably will always be no.

If your dead set on using a factory radio, spend the money and get it fixed. Otherwise, deal with a broken one, or go aftermarket.