can anyone get these cheap?

J

That things just a line converter right? I got a 2ch one for my ciera for uuhhhh 15 bucks I think, I used it for signal to a 300 watt amp for my 6x9s.

No, it is not just a line convertor.

It is a premium sound interface for new GM radio's that have the chime module built into them. The new GM radio's also do NOT have an Ignition turn on lead. This module creates the turn on lead, via the Class II (or maybe III now?) Data signal. Retains all chimes, all warnings running through the stock radio, and allows hookup to a premium sound oem stereo system.

Chris,

my cousin has been doing car audio for 15 years and says he can pick up the ACC power source ar my fusr box, rather than use the pac, what are your thoughts on this? He also said we can use a line out for the signal at the rear speaker. I'm thinking i just want to order the PAC. i might call you if i can.

I'd just do it the right way, and get the right stuff.

Yeah, you can get accessory at the ignition, at the fuse box, etc... I did it in my Bonneville. But, I lost my chime, and the radio didn't run on the RAP (retained access power).

Send me a PM with your address, and I'll send you a check. You can use it to buy the correct harness for your truck lol.

• 5 months later...

Chris,

my cousin has been doing car audio for 15 years and says he can pick up the ACC power source ar my fusr box, rather than use the pac, what are your thoughts on this? He also said we can use a line out for the signal at the rear speaker. I'm thinking i just want to order the PAC. i might call you if i can.

Old post I know but thought I would chime in.

You can tap into the ACC power source,but if your amp uses a 5v turn on instead of 12v turn on then you can get a popping on turn on and sometimes other issues.

Likewise you can get the same popping if your amp turns on before the radio is fully on.

This happens sometimes when the ACC turn on for the amp is quicker to come on then the stereo speaker outputs a signal.

Only see these issues between aftermarket stereos and retained factory amps and retained factory stereo's with aftermarket amps.

I would always use the interface,makes diagnosis easier should there be an issue by eliminating variables.

High level line convertors are available and you'll have to use them with factory stereo anyway unless your amp has a high level input. Most quality amps don't provide it as a source though as high level isn't the best to use for sound quality and low tdc. High level picks up frequency trash more I think.

To get a good low level input though,you gotta go aftermarket.