My jvc upgrade

rockfangd

Well a few years ago i took out my original sterero from my cutlass for a jvc deck that i ran for a few years then i wanted original so i found a Delco loc II CD player 2 years ago that worked great and was mint so i sold the jvc to a local forum member and i have been running the delco cd player with my jvc 12 disc for burned discs (didnt want to damage the laser of the stereo).

Then I found this stereo at a salvage yard and i was amazed it was mint and it had the remote and all.

It is the JVC kameleon KD LX100. It works perfect and the main thing i like about it is it reminds me of the UB3 cluster because when it is off it blacks out the whole front and when you turn it on all of the features come to life :mrgreen:

So i wondered if i could hook up my 12 disc jvc changer to the deck and it plugged right in :mrgreen:

So now i can use the changer and the deck without having to have the fm modulator and the changer controller.

I was also running a convertor with the rear speakers for an amp and woofers in the trunk and now i have sub outs right on the back of the deck :mrgreen:

All in all i am highly satisfied with the deck and it looks very nice in my oldsmobile. It seems to blend in very well with the interior

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I remember that deck. It hit shelves here when I was like 16 or 17. At that time, I just HAD to have it. I never did get it though. I looked at it at the store whenever I went. Looks great dude! I want the newer JVC A/V decks. They look similar, but have the large LCD screen in them.

Thats a great junkyard find! The Kameleons are pretty much the only JVC radios id use. You never find aftermarket decks in cars at the yard i go to. The people that work there take them before they get put out on the lot. They even take the back seat bottom out to look for loose change :rolleyes: