whose doing the RWD conversion?

Marcus18

did you figure anything on how to set up the steering?

I'm thinking about a RWD swap now. I think it would make it a true sports car. I have a chevy blazer out back I just have to figure steering and I have to find a 5 speed.

I have a huge machine that can pick the car up and hang it by the bumper or whatever will hold. :twisted:

marcus

did you figure anything on how to set up the steering?

I'm thinking about a RWD swap now. I think it would make it a true sports car. I have a chevy blazer out back I just have to figure steering and I have to find a 5 speed.

I have a huge machine that can pick the car up and hang it by the bumper or whatever will hold. :twisted:

marcus

"pontiacjeff" is doing his 95 gtp

i will, but only after either my engine or tranny blows up.

Dude your car is going to sit like a 4X4 with a full frame underneath it. You'd be better off making a custom subframe to bolt to your factory holes, modifying the floorpan for trans, and adding some braces to the rear and hanging an IRS diff to the back.

Dude your car is going to sit like a 4X4 with a full frame underneath it. You'd be better off making a custom subframe to bolt to your factory holes, modifying the floorpan for trans, and adding some braces to the rear and hanging an IRS diff to the back.

You could fit a full frame under the W-body by using "body drop" techniques that lowriders use.

I think they cut out sections of floor and raise it so that they can "lay body" instead of "laying frame".

I don't get it either, but that's what they do. Something similar could be done with a W-body.

wouldnt it be easier with a full frame frome a car rather than one froma truck?

cause using a blazer frame would make the swap a waiste of time cause when ya finished your car would just ride and handle like a truck.

the custom subframe Idia does sound alot easier tho......

but it seems like the Ideal setup would be a complete custome tubular full frame......but that would cost a fortune

Any full frame from a car will be so out dated that it won't be practical. There are hardly any cars with a full frame, the Imperial comes to mind, and those are usually derbied for their strength/weight.

well my dad thinks I should use the whole frame I think that would be to heavy and like was said, it would handle like a truck. I was thinking about using the rear piece of the frame(whats attached to the axle). I'm just trying to think of a way to setup the steering.

marcus

well it would wouldnt have to be heavy and slow and handle like a truck..

it depends on...

what type of engine and tranny would ya use?

are ya gonna do any supension mods?

wheels and tires.

and what are ya gonna do to strengthin the frame and body and tie them together?

Ive ridin in a few trucks the accelerated and handled like sports cars..

for the engine you have to either cut the firewall or.........I thoughte of another Idea a few months back..............

instead of using 1 large radiater..cut the core suport and make a custome one that gives more engine clearance and holds 2 smaller honda type radiaters and 2 electric cooling fans ...........Ive never heard of a car with 2 radiaters before but sounds like it would do a decent job of cooling