'

Invasion1

Can someone explain to me what the hell the exact benefit would be from using these?? I don't understand their purpose...

All that DriverFX.ca stuff can be ordered through Crappy Tire...

Guest TurboSedan

thanks for the info. i have 3-point dogbones on each side.... so 6 bushings in all. i suppose i'd need 3 sets huh? anyone know exactly how to install them into the dogbone? TIA

joshua

as for ordering them or anything from Canadian "crappy" Tire my opinion is if i can find it online and I don't have to deal with some idiot "Parts" guy who is ether 13 years old, doesn't want to find what i want so he says they can't get it or they are just to dim to know what im talking about....

I only mentioned it because I know millions of people STILL don't have or use Credit Cards, and that's all DriverFX.ca accepts...so I was just lookin' out for the other folks!:)

Hmm, I wish someone already had a set and knew if there was any dogbone modification necessary. I really really need new bushings in my tri-bone on my cutlass. I think I'd leave the lower attachment point and just use poly in the upper 2 mounts. I wonder if it's like a 2 piece bushing that just slides in from both sides? Or if you need to grind the hell out of the dogbone..

Hmm, I wish someone already had a set and knew if there was any dogbone modification necessary. I really really need new bushings in my tri-bone on my cutlass. I think I'd leave the lower attachment point and just use poly in the upper 2 mounts. I wonder if it's like a 2 piece bushing that just slides in from both sides? Or if you need to grind the hell out of the dogbone..

Yeah, in Chris's page, he says you have to use a 1 3/4" hole saw and hog the dogbones out because the dogbones have some middle ridge thing or something, and the bushings you get dont have that ridge in them

Robby

Guest TurboSedan
hello all.....

my Cutlass Had Aluminum Dogbones????? the TGP and the Convertable Cutlass Have Cast iron???

wonder why?????

Thanks to Chris A for the info on this project VIA his Site

http://home.att.net/~aldridgec/

cheers

Dave

cool i have access to a drill press :) i was under the impression GM started using iron instead of aluminum in '91. i wonder if i can get replacement 3-point dogbones made out of cast iron? so did the poly dogbones give much improvement? the torquey 3.1 needs all the help it can get....ecspecially with a 5-speed!

joshua

Guest TurboSedan

shiz that sucks. i'm still going to do the poly Energy Suspension bushings tho, cuz the rubber wears out WAY too fast with a 3.1/5-speed's torque. ecspecially after the turbo....rubber just won't do it for me. i don't mind losing some 'refinement' if i can get off the line quicker and shift easier....besides it's probably easier on your axles since the engine doesn't rock so much with poly dogbones.

joshua

with the poly..there is less movement in the engine..so the movement gets put onto the car and therefore the car vibrates more. If your car vibrates reeally bad maybe the bottom 2 motor mounts are shot. My car shakes like I have mild subs in the car. I'm used to it and I like it, the girls don't though. They think something's wrong with my car lol.