maintenance question??

1trucavalier

car (TGP) 4T65E auto. accelerate to 50-60 etc.. go to slow down, as I slow or really brake the rpms (sometimes) drop all the way down and (cut car off). Its almost like the wheel speed sensor is maybe giving a bad reading to the ecu to cut fuel and spark to far down. Now correct me if I am wrong the 4T65E is NOT ecu controlled so info to lower rpm comes directly from the WSS. In order for the engine to lower rpms according to wheel speed the info must come from the wheel speed sensor CORRECT/WRONG. I was also thinking maybe the TPS may be bad. any input is appreciated. after 3 mos the car is boosting perfectly YAAAAAAA :lol:

The TGP has a 4T60, not a 4T65-E.

It's not electronic. My guess is your TCC might not be unlocking, causing the engine to stall when you slow down. Usually you have to replace the TCC solenoid when that happens. If you throw it in neutral when slowing down, does it die?

It could also be the IAC needs cleaned or replaced.

thanks for the tranny info! I just got this message but I purchased a TPS and aic anyway since trak auto was going out of business got them both for $11 :D . The TPS had oil all on the connector and the sensor, and the aic OHHH GOD, it was sooo filthy you just wouldn't believe it. The car no longer cuts off when i slow. thanks now where did the oil come from?

I'm glad the new TPS fixed it. Only way I can think of that oil would get all over the old one is due to a partially plugged oil return line. That would cause an excessive amount of oil to pool around the turbocharger bearings, and the oil would eventually get sucked through the throttle body.