I had this done for a while now...

mra32

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2035.jpg

IMG_2036.jpg

So yeah, my headliner was falling down and i tried many times to glue it back up, but once the fabric comes off the foam, its game over. I got some fabric from ebay and it sat in my room for a few months, then i finally did the project one day. It really doesn't take that long and my girlfriend helped me do some. I did a write up in another thread:

Just redid my headliner last week, havent had a chance to post pics, but i did it in some sweet paid wool fabric.

This is all on my lumina:

The center light is actually held on with things that resemble push nuts, only the post is smooth. Youre gonna have to get in there and deform the push nut so it will slide off the post. Make sure you interior electronics fuse before doing this (this is my most blown fuse in my car). You will be able to get them back into shape by flattening them back out. Leave this till last, so it will hold up the rest of the headliner while you dissassemble everything

You gotta pull the shroud off the rear window brake light thats 1 or 2 screws.

2 plastic push rivets on either side of the brake light, just pull em out.

remove the b pillar plastic before anything else around the doors. open a door and get under that edge and pull it out, there is a black plastic thing holding it in on the bottom, you might be able to push down and unhook it, i just pulled straight out. I dont think youd be able to fit it back in anyway.

unscrew the hooks in the rear and also get the screw that has a cover on the c pillar. The last thing holding this piece on is a plastic tab that just pushes in to a metal grabber bracket. Just pull it out perpendicular to the tab (you might be able to see it since you already pulled off the b-pillar cover)

open the front doors and get the a pillar covers. same tab as the c-pillar covers. I dont remember if this was the only thing holding this one on.

Sun visors and clips, unscrew em. Once everything is out it should just fall off the roof

WATCH OUT for your rear view mirror. I knocked it off doing this.

You might have an easier time getting your headliner out since you have a coupe and bigger door openings. I actually had to bend it in the middle. to get it out my rear door. The material is like a foamy thing with resin & not quite fiberglass on the top and bottom reinforcing it.

GOOD LUCK with getting the foam off. I spent the most time on this step than any other. I had success getting the foam off in mostly a single piece with a mortar tool sliding between the foam and actual headliner. I finished everything up with a dremel and brass wire wheel to get the remaining bits of foam off.

use a really good spray adhesive on BOTH parts. (Fabric and headliner)

This is my favorite appearance mod since I can look up at red lights and see it. I think it looks awesome. What do you think?

I actually really like it! I love plaid. It looks really well done to. Good job on it.

One thing you should do is make the sun visors matching. Maybe a darker or different pattern, but definitely they need to match.

that is great. looks 10x better than what i did to my headliner in the metro. i put around 50 staples in it to holds it up. my mom called it quilted because it looked that way

Coolest Effing roof evaaar! Like Hooters says, "Delightfully Tacky"

LOL while hooters' uniform is certainly not delightfully tacky to my tastes (more like repulsive) i do like the analogy. Ive said it before. My lumina is there to:

A) Get me from point a to point b

B) Be moderately fun to drive for the time being before i get a better car (hence the suspension upgrades)

C) make me lull.

I figure I have lots of C going on all the time. and since i am becoming to know w-bodies, especially my lumina in particular, A is definitely not doing too bad.

i think it looks hawt as hell! definitely fits the car, and its persona!

very cool man! i am impressed, it wouldnt look right if the material was all saggy, so kudos to you for doing a good job!

Paging 1977

LOL says the guy with a part from a 1960's Grand Prix on his car

:lol: which looks a helluva lot better than a headliner made out of Al Borland's wordrobe

Paging 1977

:lol: which looks a helluva lot better than a headliner made out of Al Borland's wordrobe

Yeah but too bad your emblem doesnt make you lull on a daily basis

Paging 1977

Yeah but too bad your emblem doesnt make you lull on a daily basis

This is true!

everyone has their own taste, Although i do not like plaid i do think that came out fantastic. I thought it was a complete pain in the ass to get the headliner out of my cutlass. I got it out of the right front door lol. Didnt damage a thing :mrgreen: