Umm... GROSS!

Night Fury

Yea... My steering wheel is sticky and I have never been able to fix this situation.

Any tips? It actually makes my hands sticky too.

And NO, there is NOT cum on it. :sasun:

That's what happens when they sit and don't get used. I'm sure Manic knows, but maybe you could just drive it and the sticky might go away after you take enough of it away with your hands?

Yea... My steering wheel is sticky and I have never been able to fix this situation.

Damn i was totally going to say it until i scrolled down.

Take some straight simple green and a cloth or paper towel and wipe it down. If that doesn't fix it, buy a nice steering wheel cover.. There are some really nice leather ones out there. Whether they are really leather or not.. but some are pretty nice.

What about ass juice?

I KID!!!

First start with glass cleaner.

Then A solution of 50% water/Bleach, and using a sponge, go around the steering wheel. You dont want it to be really wet where the solution could drip onto the fabric, but just enuf to get the steering wheel wet. Wipe dry, and repeat, but this time let it air dry.

Buy a pair of driving gloves. And a hat.

Throw in a fake jet-black mustache as well...and a pimp cane for good measure.

I don't think I've ever ran across a steering wheel that was sticky only when warm. I have seen some that the cushioning was worn down on and they would be really flimsy feeling when the temps were higher.

Mine had some sort of sticky shit on the top too, and would only be apparent in the summer time when it was extremely humid. This black shit, that would stick to my hands. Nasty.

I just cleaned it with some leather cleaner, and simple green. Worked pretty good!

Mine had some sort of sticky shit on the top too, and would only be apparent in the summer time when it was extremely humid. This black shit, that would stick to my hands.

Yup, same here on all my older cars. Only really noticeable when it was humid out. It almost seemed like it was dirt peeling away from the steering wheel in the humidity, and sticking to your hands. A good, thorough cleaning always got rid of it, though.

...along with this stuff called Monster Foam, which is Tuff Stuff on steroids. Works real damn good.

I'll have to try that. I'm actually a huge fan of Tuff Stuff for cleaning (works better than just about anything I've ever used), so if this Monster Foam is supposed to be even stronger, that would be huge.

I tried Greased Lightning... It cleaned a lot of crap off of it... we will see what my brother thinks when he drives it. Cause my hands are biased.