made a custom trunk lid liner for the cutlass today [redid it botom of page 3]

jake91

it isnt quite done yet i still need to get it mounted in the trunk in the one pic it is just held up with a screw

and i also need to touch it up a bit

Photo0402.jpg   

Photo0403.jpg   

Photo0401.jpg

yes that is where i got the idea but i wanted a 2 tone color sceme so i tried to make it differently i redid it today and it held up i decided to do it without the raised lettering and it turned out nice i will post pics in the morning

I am just going to come out and say it at the risk of being called a dickhead or getting a vacation, but there are three major problems here.

1. I like how you tried to recreate a larger style of "font" of the real cutlass logo but, the cuts aren't smooth and look really choppy. Also the blue paint does match the color of the body to a "T".

2. The spacing out of the letters themselves is uneven and out of proportion.

3. Problems #1 and #2 are exemplified by the light and dark contrast you have between the flat black and the light blue.

There is an easy way to solve the problem though, actually there are quite a few of them. I will list them in order.

1. Measure the panel and the letters and space them out evenly and cover the board and the letters in a piece of trunk liner carpet so the rough edges aren't so prominent.

2. Go back over the letters with a razor blade and smooth all of the edges out.

3. Find the nearest dumpster and discard the entire project into it immediately!

4. Organize the letters to read exactly like the following digitally enhanced photo to convey the artist/creators theme for this modification.

i know i was just trying something differnt and i redid it and will have new pics in the morning also since im a good humored person i actually got a kick out of Rob's redo of the liner and also i hated it to thats why i redid it a differnt way

okay redid it and it still isnt that great but heres what i got once i can actually find a job and have money i will redo it properly following slick's directions step by step i just really wanted a 2 tone with the blue  :sad:

Photo0406.jpg       

Photo0405.jpg

Those letters need work. You should print out each letter real big so they take up like a sheet of paper or two, or however big you need to make it and make a template out of it. You might be able to find the font at dafont.com Maybe you can take a picture of an oldsmobile logo and manipulate it in photoshop to make templates for each letter.

The font that is new with Word 2007, if you have microsoft word you should have century gothic which seems to be a pretty close match to the oldsmobile font

I would have to say it`s a good 1st attempt tho. Now that you have done it once, you have more knowledge of how to do things and can make your next one just that much better.

:thumbsup: for trying!