hot pink?

Garrett Powered

I just got this red TGP not too long ago and it is in very good condition but one big problem. the paint has faded to a neon pink on the back bumper and most of the top too. I am going down to get the windows tinted later this week and I do not need to have people wondering if barbie is at the wheel of a tgp :willynilly: the hood has rock chips all over it too. The car is not going to be red after I am done with it next summer. should be much easier to paint since the body is pretty flawless.

I went down to the junkyard and grabbed another set of solid red tails as well yesterday and it looks better than the dirty checkered ones did.

DCFC0022-1.jpg

heres what it looked like, the dirt is on the inside. I will wash them out and put them on the other black tgp since the ones it has are badly delaminated.

DCFC0012.jpg

Those tail lights on that TGP are NOT original, all the TGPs got the checkered ones.

I went down to the junkyard and grabbed another set of solid red tails as well yesterday and it looks better than the dirty checkered ones did.

Those tail lights on that TGP are NOT original, all the TGPs got the checkered ones.

:redface:

your tails have been leaking too.

all you gotta do is take them off and degrease the shit out of them and let them dry overnight. then the next day silicone the gasket with a thick bead and reinstall. I used the black stuff, or sometimes blue. looks real good afterwards though.

I also polish the heck out of them with meguiars plastex while they are off. with a nice new microfiber cloth.

nice, yea looks like some delam goin on there too.

good thing there is usually tons in the junk yard. I got those ones above for $25

so wtf? does anybody think they look good or what? I thought I had come up big time! 2 sets of mint solid reds, those are kind of rare especially with no cracks or scratches.

heres the black car

DCFC0027.jpg

The solid red ones look alright, but I prefer the look of the checkered tails.

see, and i dont like the checkered ones because everyone has em, and they kinda look "busy" to me....besides, i want people to not know what year my car is if they were to just glance at it.

here are a few pics of what mine look like.

5.jpg

812b2a21.jpg

i added the arrow overlays, to add a little bit of flavor to it.

I like the checkered look too, like mostly when they first came out, but lately with all the new acuras and hondas then EVERYTHING coming out with the clear stuff gives the solid reds a more "exclusive" liking to me.

I did the solid tail swap in 2006, now it seems like its the thing to do, lol

CIMG1396.jpg

CIMG1407.jpg

CIMG1409.jpg

th_lights2.jpg

My main reason for doing it is because every one I have found with checkered lenses, the checker part has separated from the lens and moisture has built up behind it... looks like ass IMHO

Jamie

one things for sure, its good to have options. whatever you prefer, there is something for everyone. :mrgreen:

the pontiac checkers have to be the original clear tails though if thats something to be proud of. :confused:

I like the blacked out look. I wonder how bad ass that would look on a black car? I am almost too scared to think about it. I already have blacked out headlight covers.