Need BOV recommendations

slick

Gonna be taking in the charge pipes for powdercoat here soon, so before hand, I want to go ahead and get a BOV bung welded on.

Not looking for anything super loud. In fact, I'm more concerned about how well it works over how loud it is, or how it looks.

I can afford pretty much any BOV that I know out there, but lets be realistic, I don't want to spend a stupid amount of money on it.

Thanks.

Horribly loud? I hate drawing too much attention to myself.

No, its not very loud unless you slam the throttle shut from a high opening. Even when you go from WOT and slam it shut, its not that loud.

On another note, I see for BOV installation, there is a vacuum line hooked up to it. Where do you guy's T in at?

If I were adding a BOV, I would add a vacuum block(with at least two nipples/vacuum sources) at the rear of the plenum where that plug is now. The plug is in the center where you would normally connect a vacuum brake booster hose. The vacuum block would come in handy for a BOV, boost gauge, etc.

Ah... just just a hose to a vacuum distributor, of sorts?

Yep. The 5spd swapped guys have it even easier, they just steal the fitting that used to run to the vacuum modulator on the auto trans. :lol:

By the way, the fitting on the back of the intake is either 5/16'' or 8mm in size(not sure if it's metric or standard, but I can check if need be). The plug is considered a "pipe plug." You can grind an old 3/8'' extension down to fit it if you do not have pipe plug sockets or can't find any. I ground an old 4'' long 3/8'' extension down to remove it when I was installing a boost gauge on my car. Two weeks later, I ended up finding a metric + standard pipe plug socket set locally. :razz:

Man, must be nice!

Looked around, looks like something simple enough to make, but I will probably just buy one for the sake of time. Is the plug threaded, or is it a nipple that is plugged on the back of the plenum? In either case, what is the correct thread for the hole?

I just tee'd into the main vacuum harness going to the cruise, HVAC, vac ball. I went upstream from the T by the cruise and cut the vacuum line and spliced in a rubber T there. Connect the vacuum line I cut with the T and on the open port, run a line to the BOV.

Nevermind, totally forgot we have all those fittings and adapters. We use them to measure manifold pressure, usually in inches of water column. So yeah, got all the fittings for a vacuum block.