'

Invasion1

Stay safe dude. I hope everyone gets back home safely in Toronto and Ottawa.

Well im in the Dark here in Sudbury Ontario Canada as im sure several of you are as well :lol:

im using up the battery on my laptop even during this massive power outage to check http://www.w-body.com for new information

now thats dedication i think...... :roll:

well for those of us located on the east we hope power is restored soon

be safe in the dark everyone

Cheers

Dave

Yeah, I'm still out in Michigan there talking about doing the outer less populated areas first then the Detroit, so it might not be until the weekend till we get power back. :cry: :cry:

envision this: huge draw on the grid... the grid is designed so that if one segment goes out, another can take over the demand. with the demand so high, one segment went out, another took over and couldn't handle it, so it went out, and it was like a domino effect. What actually caused the first failure is unknown. Why it's taking so long to get it back on? Because power draw is peak when a device first starts up. so there's a MASSIVE demand on the system. So, more people start turning things off, easier it'll be to get the lights back on.

The lights flickered because that was the grid trying to start back up. But there's so much demand that it can't.... because everyone leaves everything on thinking, "oh yeah, it'll just start up when the power comes back on" :evil: That pisses me off.

On the other hand, it doesn't piss me off when people leave their computers on during power failures and it blows up power supplies when the power comes back on... that's money in the bank. :wink: Every power outage or lightning storm sounds like coins dropping. :P

The lights flickered because that was the grid trying to start back up. But there's so much demand that it can't.... because everyone leaves everything on thinking, "oh yeah, it'll just start up when the power comes back on" :evil: That pisses me off.

On the other hand, it doesn't piss me off when people leave their computers on during power failures and it blows up power supplies when the power comes back on... that's money in the bank. :wink: Every power outage or lightning storm sounds like coins dropping. :P

that only works on older computers with non-atx power supplies :lol:

ATX ones are safe.... for the most part :lol: :wink:

You can bet that with this as an excuse....rates will be soaring!!!!

"We must correct and update the system."

$$$$$"We will need billions of dollars to replace these antiquated systems and we might as well make them terrorist proof also$$$$$"