my interior swap, looks like a new car

rockfangd

Well the interior in my cutlass has always had its flaws, most since i bought it 5 years ago, a few being the driver seat having FAS on the left side, someone must have tried to put a big item or something and left a rather large mark in the headliner, and the good size bleach spot on the carpet in the right rear :rolleyes: and the last thing the regreting that i left my breakfast bowl on the seat and didnt drive the car for a few days, all i have to say is you can shampoo all you want but syrup will never come out lol.

So today i was at my local yard and i saw a twin of my cutlass when i first bought it and i opened the door and the first thing i noticed that the carpet looked like brand new. I was in shock, so then i started removing the front seats and i noticed they were very tight and firm so i decided to get those too lol. I got the seats out and started removing trim and then i got a look at the headliner that was mint condition and i took that too.(It was quite a difficult task to get it out and into the car lol) I had to have a friend come with a van to take it for me lol. The car looked like new on the interior and looked like shit on the outside. But a huge benefit was that there was no burn marks anywhere and the whole dash, ashtray and everything looked brand new, even the lighter lol. So i now have new front seats, rear fold down seats (Earlier this year) new headliner, new upper and lower trim, and A full carpet all for 75.00 total and about 9 hours of some hard work lol.

I will have pictures posted in the morning, the work has most definately paid off. My interior looks like brand new and smells like a brand new car :mrgreen: I also noticed that when i went to drive it tonight i had to lower my seat which was a good thing because i always had it all the way up(my seat must have been more sunk than i thought lol) and it feels very comfortable to sit in now. IT feels very firm.

lol i would have done them tonight but it was too dark. I really wanted a set of aq9s though but i didnt really want to get into it though because ot the column shift bit. But this is really nice

george... you should covert to floor shift. I had an issue with the saginaw colum shift, it actually broke and the mechanism on the column with teh gearshift was frozen up and broken loose. I pulled the column... looked at it for 30 seconds... and 3 days of hard work later i had converted it to a floor shifter.... with a total interior swap from 94 to 95 interior. :willynilly:

well as my luxury car i love having the shifter on the column and i make sure to grease the column once a year. I think the only thing towards the console shift i have is the sport pod. I dont know if i could drive the cutlass with a console shift. I love all the room in the front.

international top half of rear seat?!??!?!?!???!??!???????!???!?!!

looks good though. sport pod looks right at home!!!!!!!!

very good catch ken. I do have the bottom half but i thought it looked kind of plain but i love the fold down seats, I got the whole provision for it, all of the trim and all. I am still pissed because i missed out on the front aq9 seats from that international, I was going to come back the next day and when i did i searched for over an hour before finding out they crushed the car :mad: They were nice too. They were like leather and cloth. Assholes. People are dumb. I love my sport pod too because i love my DIS, the only thing i have to complain about honestly is the location of the hud switch, I find it to be a pita to have to lean down all the time to adjust the level. I drive early in the morning and during the day so i have to change the brightness and the level almost every day

He hires the greased up deaf guy.

lol :mrgreen:

how do you grease the column?

sick fucks, but literally i remove the bezel around the cluster, and iit is right under the rubber seal, mine works very smoothly, No CHAFFING lol

looks pretty damn good george. how ya been man? lol.

Very good there and yourself. Hows the monte that i still have to see :mrgreen: I am trying to hold my rusting cutlass together lol. It gets harder every year. Nice to hear from you