282 5-Speed Swap into My 96 CS

BXX

you were in the middle of explaining "your" method of preparing chicken rice-a-roni in the whatever section.

Oh.... ok!

Well... I like to cover the rice with enough water just to cover it. Boil it down, and when there is no more water, the rice is ready!

And here's a little jingle to sing while doing it. The steps to making noodles!

Boil the water,

Put the noodles in,

Make them al-dente,

Put them in the collander,

Serve and Eat.

24 views and not one reply on whether the 3100 engine block has provisions for the 282's jackshaft bracket!!!

You have the ASE certification not us, didnt the answer to your original question come with that certification?

FWIW Jeff (kuntzie) was running a 284 with Stage 3 clutch. With the GT2871R, walbro, 28 lb injectors, and muffler delete, it dyno'd 300 hp and 400 ft/lbs on a otherwise stock LG5 and 284.

Lifetime warranty axles from NAPA ftw. He was returning exploded ones weekly. :lol:

Axle breaking is not fun........284 is stronger than the 282 but you cant get parts for the 284 anymore...........If you want to dump the clutch on slicks go on and get some harderned axles, LSD in the 282, Inconel 718 with a 3 step precipitation hardened intermediate shaft......Strut blockers for the rear........and when you get done with that let me know how much it cost........and make me a similar setup ;)

No, what I'm saying that you see the 282 holding up in the Fiero, except snapping axles, and in the rare instances the case cracks. What the hell do you expect it to do in a heavy ass W-body? Really, your going to have to have custom axle's made to handle not only the power your expecting, but the stupidly heavy weight of the vehicle itself. Then consider the "shock" that it will receive when ran with slicks, there gonna have to be a pretty nice set of axles. My pockets are even deep enough to shell out that type of money, and I could heat treat them for free here where I work!

My previous post was agreeing with you.

Chris, Bob is eschewing the 282 for something else, citing that it won't hold up.

Yup, it wont handle whats going into the TGP, so it would be more fun to have it in my CS as a daily driver. Im prolly gonna put a 3400 in front of it before I put it in the CS..

24 views and not one reply on whether the 3100 engine block has provisions for the 282's jackshaft bracket!!!

You have the ASE certification not us, didnt the answer to your original question come with that certification?

As expected, you have nothing of value to add unless it deals with an LX5 or an Intrigue

Axle breaking is not fun........284 is stronger than the 282 but you cant get parts for the 284 anymore...........If you want to dump the clutch on slicks go on and get some harderned axles, LSD in the 282, Inconel 718 with a 3 step precipitation hardened intermediate shaft......Strut blockers for the rear........and when you get done with that let me know how much it cost........and make me a similar setup ;)

Meh, a built 4T65e-HD will be better for the track and consistancy... And more likely to survive

Damn man, where ya been? This thread was derailed two pages ago.........LOL

I was over 9 hours away in Harrisburg Ill attending my grandmothers funeral :sad:

My CS made it there and back without so much as a hickup.. Even managed 28mpg average with it loaded down..

As expected, you have nothing of value to add unless it deals with an LX5 or an Intrigue

At least I am good for something Bob, please enlighten us what are you good for?

At least I am good for something Bob, please enlighten us what are you good for?

nothing... hows that asshole.. now fuck off please

go be a tool in someone elses thread please

nothing... hows that asshole..

accurate, ill give you that

I'm good for something..............I can masturbate like a CHAMP!

How's THAT shit :twisted:

Oh wait.............this might not be the right forum for this........... :lol:

I'm good for something..............I can masturbate like a CHAMP!

How's THAT shit :twisted:

Oh wait.............this might not be the right forum for this........... :lol:

No, perfectly normal..

Well, I suppose this thread is no more use, the 5-speed swap is being sold as we speak.. The cradle bolts on my CS dont look too friendly and its my daily driver, so I dont wanna break something. Not to mention, the Goodwrench trans in it only has about 35K on it.. Time to do a trans filter and then a flush