91 Lumina Interior Swap Goin back to the JY monday need some help!

91LuminaEuro

Hey there guys! New to the forum, been trying to 8 months to get on the forum but i could never get a response back for a confirmation. Just figured out my spam killer in my e-mail had been blocking the e-mails.

Anyways, I've got a 91 Lumina Euro Coupe, looking to upgrade at least the front seats. If not all the seats and console. I looked around on the forum and didnt see what i was looking for. My question is, is there an interior, that will swap into my car with no problems? I really like the leather seats from the olds was thinking about that, but will those seats and console swap over fairly easily? any help is appreciated! If you know of any cars that have compatable parts please let me know!

Thanks!

Anything that is on the 1st Gen W platform will bolt in.

x2

If you like them you could get some AQ9 front seats and rear buckets. Dunno what kind of look your after.

Jamie

Not quite sure wat the AQ9 seats are, and what they're from?

What if i found a olds convertible parts car, would the interior swap out of it into mine? Reason being is i know where there is a parts car sitting with a good interior. Wondered if that would easy?

Not really going for any specific look, my seats are in bad condition so i figured if im gonna get new seats, since i can't find then for a good deal here, i may as well upgrade all the seats if not the whole interior.

AQ9 is the RPO code given to "sport" seats throughout the GM lineup. In our cars those seats were 12 or 14 way adjustable, they had numerous air pockets throughout the seat cushion and back. Its a fairly common swap in our cars. Some like them, some don't.

The interior from that cutty vert will swap right in to your car. I'm not sure how well the console will work with your interior. The rear buckets typically have a center console between them as well, however I felt that it didn't suit the 94-96 GP interiors so I left it out.

Jamie

first of all welcome to the merry world of w-body.com

oh yeah easy swap . here are some pics of my 94 lumina sedan with 1993 olds cutlass sedan seats.

adamsphotos062.jpg

adamsphotos063.jpg

adamsphotos064.jpg

Awesome! Thanks so much for the help and pictures! Two more questions, sory if im asking a million!

1. How hard was it to wire up the seats? Did you go to the fusebox or did you just steal power from something else?

2. My Lumina has the blue interior, would i be able to swap everything into my car door panels etc. I would more than likely just paint the dash because i dont want to put the work into swappin the dash out.

Thanks!

You can actually paint everything now with interior spray paint. Ive had good and bad results from it, but I still recommend swapping everything if you're not handy with spray cans.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the help and pictures! Two more questions, sory if im asking a million!

1. How hard was it to wire up the seats? Did you go to the fusebox or did you just steal power from something else?

2. My Lumina has the blue interior, would i be able to swap everything into my car door panels etc. I would more than likely just paint the dash because i dont want to put the work into swappin the dash out.

Thanks!

Wiring the seats is as simple as wiring could be.. a 12V power and ground. Its best to wire it to the fuse block.

You can swap interior panels.. I have seen charcoal interiors on Luminas and beige that both look nice..

Doing a dash swap it well worth the 3 hours tops you would have into it aside from some wiring if you swap to something other than a Lumina..

The interior pannels question was because i can not find a suitable two door lumina to swap interiors with, however, i have found an cutlas hard top and a convertible that have complete interiors, that i was thinking about swapping with, i know with the vert i woudl have issues with the upper pannels because of the top but with the hard top, would the whole interior be a quick swap, no real fabrication?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so im lookin into swappign some AQ9 seats into my lumina, im just gonna swap the front seats and console+shifter in. Now my question is that i just noticed that to use the AQ9's you need the console which also has that display screen at the front of it....what do i do with that? and what really is it? I havent dealt too much with the Grand Prixs so im not familiar with it. Is there a way for me to use it? Or is there an easy way to eliminate it? I just wont like the fact that its there and useless... please any help would be appreciated. thanks!

You can make the DIC functional in any first gen car I think. Just need someone here to give you the pinouts and the wiring you need to get it working.

That screen really has nothing to do with the seat operation though. In fact I think you only need the lid of the console wit hthe switches because the air pump and stuff is part of the driver seat (there are air line(s) that run fro mthe driver seat to the passenger one for the pnematic operations of the seat. I'm not sure 100% because I'm only going off of what people have told me over a year ago.

Oh, so you mean i can take the lid from a GP and it will work on my factory console? So i wouldn't even need to bother with that screen? That would be awesome because i really dont need all that, i just want some comfy seats, and i want to be able to adjust them.

I really appologize for asking a million questions, but im going back to another junkyard monday in search of some new seats. The you-pull-it i was at on thursday only wanted $20 a seat and $20 for the whole console and shifter, so while i've got the money i wanna pick this stuff up.

I do not really care weather or not its leather, cloth or electirc or not or AQ9, if i find a set of AQ9s im def gonna try to use them but its not do or die, if i can find a manual set ill pick them up. Also im just lookin to do the front seats.

My question is what years and makes can i use in my 91 Lumina that will bolt right in? I know i can use them from the Grand Prixs and Cutlass Supremes, but what years for those can i use? Also can i use 2 and 4 door seats?

Also, if i get the AQ9s like in my previous post can i just take the console lid? Or do i need the whole console?

Please help im going on monday to get stuff and i want to make sure i get the right stuff!

Thanks again! You have all been a great help so far!

P.S. The Five spoke star wheels that come on the Cutlass Convertables, will those fit on my car without any spacers? If so are the 16 or 15 in?

I really appologize for asking a million questions, but im going back to another junkyard monday in search of some new seats. The you-pull-it i was at on thursday only wanted $20 a seat and $20 for the whole console and shifter, so while i've got the money i wanna pick this stuff up.

I do not really care weather or not its leather, cloth or electirc or not or AQ9, if i find a set of AQ9s im def gonna try to use them but its not do or die, if i can find a manual set ill pick them up. Also im just lookin to do the front seats.

My question is what years and makes can i use in my 91 Lumina that will bolt right in? I know i can use them from the Grand Prixs and Cutlass Supremes, but what years for those can i use? Also can i use 2 and 4 door seats?

Also, if i get the AQ9s like in my previous post can i just take the console lid? Or do i need the whole console?

Please help im going on monday to get stuff and i want to make sure i get the right stuff!

for the front seats u can use any gen 1 w-body seats doesn't matter if its a two door or a four door. The only time it matters between a two door and a foor door is with the back seat so i've been told

for the front seats u can use any gen 1 w-body seats doesn't matter if its a two door or a four door. The only time it matters between a two door and a foor door is with the back seat so i've been told

But the front seats from a sedan would not have the release to tilt the seat forward for a coupe to let people in the back. At lease I think so, im going by my sedans and z34.

I had a set of Cutlass charcoal leather seats in my Z34. I also recovered the door inserts with a black leather, dyed the carpet black, and other odds and ends. I had an extra dash that I was going to dye black, but ended up selling the car.

I think this is really about the only picture I have of my interior anymore, but I'm sure there are other's floating around.

Feb1001.jpg

Man I miss that car....

Pretty nice looking interior man.

Ahhhhhhh Lumina Peeling dash, I love it! :high5:

Yeah, the extra dash I had was MINT. It was going to be two tone with black and a gunmetal-ish color.

Awesome, thanks for the help! I still dont know, if i get a set of AQ9's can i just take the console lide and mount it on my console? Or do i need the whole thing? Please some one let me know so i know what to get in the morning! thankkss!

Yes, that looks awesome by the way, i just did some upgrades on my car today, i'll post pictures later!

P.S. The Five spoke star wheels that come on the Cutlass Convertables, will those fit on my car without any spacers? If so are the 16 or 15 in?

I think they should fit without any spacers, or so I've been told. They are 16 wheels, and I think they are either 6 or 6.5 inches wide.

Well isnt it great, that i drive the hour to the junkyard and they're closed on mondays...wish i would have looked at their hours.....oh well im fairly certain the sign said they were open tuesdays 9-5 but their website says they're closed on tuesdays and when i call the recording says 9-5. Im not sure what to believe, so im leaving at 8:45 i'll call at 9 and ask and hope for the best! Id really like to get this car put back together in decent shape before i go back to school in a few weeks!

Anyways, thanks for the info on the wheels....i may be bringing a set home for my lumina tomorow cuz i think i saw some there, maybe if i dont find anythign else exciting i will...not sure

However, does ANYBODY know will the AQ9 console lid with the seat buttons fit on my stock lumina console? Or do i need to buy the whole console with the AQ9s???