last stuff to fix on the tgp. vids

stockgp

thought i'd post some vids of the trouble i'm still having with the tgp. i'm ready to send it off to paint. then all i have to do is fix the problems in these vids and i'll have a really nice car.

first vid, valve noise. i have new lifters, pushrods, guide plates and 1.6 rockers. i just need to put them on and hopefully this noise will be gone:

th_MOV00167.jpg

next, a vid of the vacuum problem. after i rev the car, the brake pedal will go all the way to the floor. after a couple pumps, i have a firm pedal again. the rpms will go up while i'm pumping the brakes, and settle again when i stop:

th_MOV00166.jpg

next, the check gauges light. it's on constantly right after i start the car. after idling for a while, it'll start to flicker. sometimes it will go out completely for a second or two:

th_MOV00171.jpg

last, the smoke out the tail pipe. i'm not sure whether this is the turbo or not. i don't know a ton about turbos, just basically how they work. this is the amount of smoke that comes out the tail pipes pretty consistently. note that i have driven the car probably less than 5 miles since i brought it home and did the tranny swap:

th_MOV00170.jpg

also, though i don't have a video of it, i'm having trouble with hitting boost cut. i got advice in another thread that suggested my wastegate lines. as far as i can tell, the wastegate line is crack and leak free.

any thoughts and suggestions are welcome

good vids, they tell good storys about your car.

first, have you changed the oil any time recently?

also as far as that small jumping it RPM's after you give it gas...

check out your brake system, and do the Engine Code Check to see what codes pop up.

how many miles on the TGP?

good vids, they tell good storys about your car.

first, have you changed the oil any time recently?

also as far as that small jumping it RPM's after you give it gas...

check out your brake system, and do the Engine Code Check to see what codes pop up.

how many miles on the TGP?

i changed the oil as soon as i got the car home. it's running royal purple now.

i can't find any leaks anywhere in the braking system. i'm wondering if it could be because i didn't bench bleed it properly. i might take the mc out and do it again.

off the top of my head, 106,000 miles. i'd have to check to be perfectly sure.

I didn't mean the fluid part, I meant electrically, like the pump could cause idle surges, also it could be spark.

I need to find the basic tutorial for reading off engine code with a paperclip. I did it on my TSTE, let me know everything that was going on (for the most part).

i have vacuum brakes.

also, the paperclip goes in the first two ports in the upper right hand corner of the aldl conector.

it's not throwing any codes

i have vacuum brakes.

also, the paperclip goes in the first two ports in the upper right hand corner of the aldl conector.

it's not throwing any codes

yeah...ok, well that's tells us something good. there's nothing noticeably wrong with the motor except the occussional idle surges when you use the brakes.

Alternator going bad or power wire arching?

ask Kuntzie or cobracdr, they might know more that can help.