Possable Up Fitment of my 93 GP to a Turbo GP. Please help if you can.

GP4U2NV

Ok, I have a custom mutt of a 93 GP SE. It has parts from all sorts of cars, bonny, caddy, cutty, etc.

It now is running a 00 regal GSE Engine and Trans (supercharged 3.8).

I am thinking about converting it to a turbo 3.8. The question that I need help with is using a mcleren turbo design i am interested in the fitting of the intercooler.

Can someone send pics/links/ideas? (of the stock location)

I am sure that someone has put a aftermarket i/c in these cars also, what i/c did they use and is there a faq or anything about that?

Last, queston - Where is the best place to find a factory I/c Now???

Hey William, the TGP's have a relatively small intercooler that is located to the left(from a driver's perspective) of the radiator. I do not think our small intercooler would be a wise choice for anyone turbocharging a 3.8, especially with the larger turbochargers you're likely looking to use. Our cars do not have as wide of radiators as the standard Grand Prix's to make room for the intercooler. I do not have any pictures of the intercooler itself at the moment, but I can take a picture of one of my cars for you tomorrow. There are some pictures at this website showing where the intercooler sits, the intercooler is removed in the picture in order to explain a modification though. Search the TGP section here for Jeff's("kuntzie") turbo upgrade/build post, I'm pretty sure he has a FMIC in his Turbo Grand Prix.

http://www.kazmotorsports.com/tpsgarage/TGP/Engine/intercooler_mod.htm

If I were in your shoes, I would find something suitable on ebay. There are a few posts on clubgp where people have used various brand ebay intercoolers with great results. I know a few guys over there with ebay intercoolers are pushing 400whp+ with their turbo setups.

Well, if the "factory" intercooler is not a good choise for a 60 trim turbo. Then what are the guys running a turbo 3.1 with a larger turbo and a front mount using?

Well, if the "factory" intercooler is not a good choise for a 60 trim turbo. Then what are the guys running a turbo 3.1 with a larger turbo and a front mount using?

:lol: there aren't too many of those

:lol: there aren't too many of those