• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IRONDOG442

• GOT2B GM

• CSI_MuNkY

• AWeb80

seafoam=garbage

Its not the product.... its the fact that it was used wrong... It says right on the can not to let it sit that long.

Seafoam (when used correctly) works GREAT!

Jamie

Seafoam=garbage!!!!

Hey Jamie,

Seafoam=garbage

it is a waste of money

Moral of the story here folks is; If it aint broke dont fix it !!!

If you dont drive your car like a pussy you will never have to use it.

almost as bad as the Miata guy who put a coolant additive in his crankcase and blew the thing up. LOL

Its not a waste of money... I just seafoamed mine and I'm getting about 75-100km more per tank of gas than I was before...

When used CORRECTLY the stuff is worth every penny...

almost as bad as the Miata guy who put a coolant additive in his crankcase and blew the thing up. LOL

I thought the same thing :lol:

Jamie

Whatever you say.... I drive the shit out of my car... and yet I'm getting an increase of 75-100km per tank... I'm tellin ya, its the user, not the product....

Jamie

One thing I would caution, though - be prepared to change the spark plugs after you run the seafoam. Most times it won't foul them, but depending on the amount of carbon and gunk it puts through your combustion chamber, you run the risk of fouling them. No biggie, but something to watch for. Pull the plugs before and after to check them.

It can also screw up your O2 sensors. Even though they say it's O2 sensor safe, the chemicals might be, but the sensors still wont like all that carbon and crap flying at them.

GMs top end cleaner is more potent and better than sea foam. Sea foam is a blend of light end alcohols and semi volitale organics.

You mean ACDelco cleenz? or however they spell it... I actually notice better results from the seafoam, of course I never put Cleenz through the gas and oil, so maybe thats why...

Mine always smokes too, and like I said before, I'm not easy on the car in daily driving

Jamie

I, a feeble 16 year old, have done seafoam in 3 of the cars in my family and haven't screwed anything up. If a truck with 265,000 miles can stand seafoam then your LX5 should have IF IT HAD BEEN USED CORRECTLY.

If you would admit you made a mistake by leaving it in for three hours people would be more forgiving.

Even the Miata guy said he screwed up. :razz:

lol 3 hours? Damn...

I left mine in for a maximum of 7 minutes on each car I did it on, and they all smoked like crazy, especially my co-worker's 2001 Cavalier Z24. We smoked up the neighborhood real nice with half a can of that shit.

I've also done 3 cars aside from my own and haven't had a single problem. The instructions here on the forum for using seafoam are pretty straightforward.

I, a feeble 16 year old, have done seafoam in 3 of the cars in my family and haven't screwed anything up. If a truck with 265,000 miles can stand seafoam then your LX5 should have IF IT HAD BEEN USED CORRECTLY.

If you would admit you made a mistake by leaving it in for three hours people would be more forgiving.

Even the Miata guy said he screwed up. :razz:

AGAIN, ASS HOLE if you read the thread properly you would have seen that I had a quite inactive role in doing this, I was busy working on another car and 3 hours later I finally got to my car. A pimple on my ass has more knowlege than you do about cars.

AGAIN, ASS HOLE if you read the thread properly you would have seen that I had a quite inactive role in doing this, I was busy working on another car and 3 hours later I finally got to my car. A pimple on my ass has more knowlege than you do about cars.

I added the razz in there to make it sound less prick-ish(?), guess it didn't work all that great. Wouldn't you have thought to say something even after the first hour or something, even if you weren't the one doing it? And I don't deny you know a whole lot more about cars than me. What's with the personal attacks?